4.9 49 0.5
Fragrances November 07, 2013 664
Review club - Killer Queen by Katy Perry EDP
(Updated: July 02, 2015)
Overall rating

Price

Quality

Effectiveness

Ladies, I have to give a totally honest review, so here goes.

I have to start off by saying that I'm a little disappointed in this fragrance. I'm not a huge fan of celebrity fragrances as I feel that 85% of them smell generic - as in too similar to other signature scents and lacks originality. Then you get the remaining 15% which oozes originality and really hits the nail on the head. This particular fragrance from Katy Perry, sadly falls short and in my opinion slots into the 85% of uninteresting fragrances.

I don't hate it, and I'm not gushing over it either. It would be fair to say that I'm pretty neutral. I'm a floral kind of girl,
but I love to experiment as well, just too see what else is out there.

First impressions...

As soon as I received my parcel, I ripped it open and was totally transfixed by the color scheme of Red and gold, but it's the picture of the perfume bottle that really got my attention.. To put it simply, It is by far the most gorgeous perfume bottle that I have every seen. Its unique, eye catching and reeks elegance and sophistication. Kudos to Killer Queen for nailing the packaging. Its attention grabbing and it will definitely stand out on the shelf! It's a great collector items as well, so If i ever bought this fragrance, it would purely be for the bottle as it is some serious eye candy...

Now for the fragrance itself.. sigh...

I find it to be extremely strong on application and overwhelmingly sweet. I was like whoa... I had the urge to wash it off... but decided against it for the pure benefit of giving a thorough and honest review. After about 15-20 mins, the scent mellowed down and became more bearable, still sickly sweet but not as horrible as before. After about another hour or so, It became ok, almost pleasant. I found that it had an average wear of about 2-3hours, which in my opinion isn't good given that it's an EDP.

I think that this is more of a girly scent aimed at the younger target market. I definitely can't picture a matured woman wearing this.

This smells to similar to other scents, and sadly it's forgettable in my opinion. It's not something I would buy or wear again, way to over powering for my senses.

Overall, a very average scent in a very unique bottle.

Please note that this review is based purely on my experience and my personal thoughts and feelings, I know some ladies will love this fragrance, so no offense is meant to be given to those who do love it :)

Thank you to BB for allowing me to be part of the Royal Review Club

xoxox
SC
Top 50 Reviewer 280 reviews
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Leave a Reply