fbpx

Beauty Bulletin

Review Detail

4.0 1 0.5
Cleansers,Toners,Washes March 30, 2014 531
Justine Hydrating Cream Cleanser
This is a very gentle cream cleanser that is easy to use in the bath or shower. After using the cleanser, my skin didn't feel dry or 'tight'. It felt moisturized, yet clean and supple. The texture and fragrance is also very pleasant. I have sensitive, dry skin, and this cleanser didn't make it better. After a week of using it, I started getting a breakout. I stopped using it after that.
I do find it upsetting that this product contains Triethanolamine (TEA). TEA causes allergic reactions including eye problems, dryness of hair and skin, and could be toxic if absorbed into the body over a long period of time. These chemicals are already restricted in Europe due to known carcinogenic effects (although still in use in the U.S.) This is the one reason I would not buy it.
This product is also contains fragrance. Most people with dry skin are sensitive to fragrance.
This product also contains parabens. Although results are not yet conclusive, recent studies have shown that parabens may play a causative role in breast tumours. Many cancer experts recommend that people stay away from parabens, and I try to avoid them myself.
C
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Leave a Reply