4.6 21 0.5
Newborn Range shot.jpg
Body Moisturizers July 05, 2017 1111
Best for baby
Overall rating

Price

Quality

Effectiveness

The Johnson's Top-to-toe range arrived like a gift on my doorstep, giftbox with bow and all! I have to say, I was strangely excited to try it on my baby girl. I had used Johnson's products on my boys, but had moved across to organic products on my little girl, as there was more available on the market. It brought a feeling of nostalgia as I remembered bath time with my boys when they were just babes.

Admittedly I've been a bit more fussy with my last-born baby and followed the movement to all things natural and organic?... but when we were asked to try their #johnsonstoptotoe range I sat down and did some research into baby skin. .
You would think that by my third baby I would know some stuff ? but there were a few baby-skin facts that actually caught me by surprise. .
Baby skin is 30% thinner than adult skin and so needs extra hydration to stay healthy. Not only does baby skin have less natural moisture and is more prone to dryness, but it loses moisture up to 5 times faster than an adult's skin. ? I admit that I underestimated the importance of making sure my baby girl gets the best possible hydration. I think I was too concerned about how her lotion smelt (natural and fresh) than how well it protected her skin. It's for this reason I LOVED the Johnson's Extra Moisturising Cream. It's thick in consistency and her skin was practically glowing after use. .
I also (am slightly embarrassed to) admit that I didn't know that baby skin is more permeable and potentially more vulnerable to applied substances. Sure, I knew it was more sensitive, but not that is because her skin absorbs MORE than mine potentially would!! All the more reason to be so selective about what we put into our babes skin. I learnt that sometimes even natural products can be too harsh for baby's less mature skin. In thinking about it, lemon and orange are "natural", but can be very harsh on the skin. Ie; lemon used to lighten. I used the #nomoretears Top-To-Toe wash on both my boys, & so happy to have come back to it with baby B. It is considered to be "as mild as water" on my baby's delicate skin, and that is something I love. I used it the other night to wash off my mascara, opened my eyes in full lather and did not feel a thing. Truly is the mildest of products!

Honestly, the range far exceeded my expectations!

Product Recommendation

Would you recommend this product to someone else?
Yes
Would you repurchase this product?
Yes
Johnson's product review
Johnson's best for moisture
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Leave a Reply