Review Detail

4.6 16 0.5
Conditioners April 15, 2016 689
Johnson's Baby Soft & Shiny " Oh So Lovely" Conditioner
Overall rating

Price

Quality

Effectiveness

The Soft & Shiny Conditioner with Glycerine is a truly lovely follow up to the Shampoo. I've been using this range since it came out, so I was ecstatic to review it.

After cleaning my toddler's hair with the Soft & Shiny Shampoo after a day of exploring in the garden, I use a generous amount on his hair, work it through and leave for a little bit before rinsing. Now, please note that if you use too much on short hair, it will get messy. I would suggest use as much as your baby's hair needs, and depending on how much hair your baby has. I use a little bit more than usual when I just co-wash his hair.

AN IMPORTANT NOTE: As we do with our own natural hair, it's so important to de-tangle your baby's hair while it's wet and while there's conditioner on it to create "slip" i.e. make it easier for the comb to slide through the hair as you go.
Johnson's Soft & Shiny Conditioner creates a lovely "slip" for me and makes it so much easier to de-tangle his hair, and make his little curls pop! Please DO NOT use a thin toothed combed or baby combs on your child's natural hair? Just like ours, it'll only break or tangle the hair further. Rather use an afro comb - which I use - or a wide toothed comb to de-tangle and comb through effectively.

Did I mention the smell is absolutely amazing? And it lasts on the long after you've rinsed out. Not forgetting that Johnson's Baby Soft & Shiny has the Johnson's "No More Tears" signature stamp that we all love and trust. I've noticed that my son's hair is definitely softer and doesn't tangle as quickly as before. No more tears or moans from him while I comb through his hair.

I promised that I'd be honest to Johnson's about their product and what our babies need.
As a natural hair advocate mommy, what I'd love to see in future from Johnson's Baby is more natural oils added to their conditioner in addition to the glycerine, such as coconut, avocado or argan oil in the first 5 ingredients, and lesser chemical components. I'm happy that Johnson's has identified that baby's curly/ethnic hair is different and needs just a bit more TLC. And the more natural goodness inside the bottle, the happier the natural hair, baby and mommy :)

Product Recommendation

Would you recommend this product to someone else?
Yes
Would you repurchase this product?
Yes
Detangling with Johnson's Soft & Shiny Conditioner
B
3 reviews
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Leave a Reply