fbpx

Beauty Bulletin

Review Detail

4.1 21 0.5
Big hair don't care
Before I start with the actual review, I need to give a short back story about my hair. Growing up I’ve always had curly but fine hair that was blow dried straight. My hair length was always between chin and collar bone length and I never had long hair.
During the latter years of high school and my first year at university my hair length was about shoulder to collarbone length. During this period I experimented with volume shampoo and conditioner, it was a disaster! My hair had so much volume that I could barely handle it. Since then I swore that curly hair and volume shampoo should not mix.
Since then things have changed. I’ve been actively growing my hair since the end of my first year at university when I last had a drastic cut (it was a chin length bob). My hair is now slightly past waist length. I have face framing layers and I’m growing out my fringe. Now that my hair is waist length it is flatter than Miley Cyrus’s abs. The length weighs it down so much that with the exception of my face framing layers and fringe, my hair no longer curls (yes it’s possible for your curl pattern to change, it also happens to some women going through menopause). If I curl my hair with heat or overnight with foam rollers, it only lasts a few hours and that’s with hair spray. So I was in desperate need of volumising shampoo and conditioner.
The John Frieda Volumising Shampoo and Conditioner comes in identical turquoise bottles. This can be frustrating if you’re used to just grabbing your bottles in the shower as you actually have to read, which is which.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

1 results - showing 1 - 1
Ordering
September 24, 2013
Just realised that when I posted my review only half pasted from the original document :( and I'll have to retype everything.
Both products have a salon quality scent. When using it, I shampoo my hair twice. The conditioner is not heavy or extremely moisturising, but it doesn't leave my hair dry. When I was done blow drying my hair, I had subtle natural looking volume. My hair does appear thicker but not insane thickness. If you're looking for a product that will give medium, but natural looking volume, this shampoo and conditioner is for you.
O
OdetteJ
1 results - showing 1 - 1

Leave a Reply