Beauty Bulletin

Review Detail

4.3 14 0.5
Brightening up the brunettes.
Overall rating

Price

Quality

Effectiveness

I was curious to see which John Frieda range I'd been chosen to review as was excited to see it was the John Frieda Brilliant Brunette Visibly Brighter shampoo and conditioner.

Having been a dark brunette to red head, and then red to blonde, and finally blonde to the light brown ombré I'm currently sporting, my hair has been through the ringer. It was really long until just before this review and is quite thick. I need products to give my hair that vibrancy it so desperately needs.

At face value, it looks like the quality-seeming John Frieda products you see on the shelf but are hesitant to spend so much money on. It comes in 250 ml bottles in the shampoo and conditioner and rests with the lid facing downward. Make sure you close the lid properly or it will leak.

The shampoo's viscosity is low so it's quite runny. It's a golden toned shampoo, it even looks slightly green on your hands. It's ammonia and peroxide free but colour deposits like crazy. When rinsing my hair the water was as yellow as the Marigold and honey apparently in the product. I shampood and combed my hair twice. The shampoo experience is pleasant since the shampoo smells delicious and also my hair did not feel as weak as it normally does during a shampoo.

The shampoo does lightly tint your skin but don't panic, it's be gone by the time you rinse the conditioner.

The conditioner also smells dessert like and the texture is quite creamy. It's also tinted but not at all like the shampoo. It doesn't seem as if the conditioner does much colour depositing so make sure you get the shampoo if that's your main aim. BUT, the conditioner made my hair feel so soft and touchable that you should get both. I immediately felt the difference in the texture of my hair and how smooth it felt. I combed through the conditioner as well and then rinsed.

After towel drying my hair I could already feel how much more manageable, smoother and healthier my hair felt and looked.

After blow drying I could still feel the softness of my hair (which has before felt quite crunchy).

I've used these products 3 times now, styling my hair differently each time. I blow dried and flat ironed it the first time to see, left it to dry naturally the second time and curled it with a tong the third time.

After the first time I could already see how it livened up my highlights and gave my hair a golden glow. When I left it to dry naturally the colour changes couldn't bee seen as easily but my hair definitely looked healthier and in a much better condition. The curls really showed just how much brighter my hair had become.

I'd definitely recommend using this product if you have blonde highlights or light to medium brown hair. Apart from the very, very subtle glow on my dairk hair, I didn't see much of a difference. If you've got very dark hair it will probably give it a golden glow and help whatever lighter hair you have, tone in with it's golden bits.

Darker hair often tends to look healthier than lighter hair, but these products really add a bright and lively look to brown hair. Even at the prices it's sold, it's well worth it and will be the ideal hair companion in summer when your hair tends to lighten anyway. Treat your tresses to the experience of the John Frieda Brilliant Brunette Visibly Brighter make over.

Product Recommendation

Would you recommend this product to someone else?
Yes
Would you repurchase this product?
Yes
John Frieda Brilliant Brunette Review
L
1 reviews
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Leave a Reply