Review Detail

4.3 14 0.5
Me and John Frieda! #meandjohnfrieda
(Updated: November 08, 2016)
Overall rating

Price

Quality

Effectiveness

I received my John Frieda Brilliant Brunette Visibly Brighter Shampoo and Conditioner to review. I was curious to see how it would work with my hair being, what I feel, more blonde and balayage than it is brunette.

My hair is pretty long and fine. I need volume! I am so picky with what products I use on my hair and hate having it weighed down with too much product but also not so keen on it being dry and frizzy. Hmmmmm... I have tried so many products! Because I have old highlights on my ends my hair does feel quite dry and brittle. After using this John Frieda product even just once my hair felt softer. For real :D

Ok so lets start at the beginning... The look of the bottles, the packaging - it's cool. I am proud having it in my bathroom. The main thing I noticed was the colour and creamy velvet like consistency of the shampoo. Its like gold lava! Its very cool. See the pic I have added. I was nervous when I saw how it coloured my hands, like dye, but it rinsed of my hands very quickly. I did wonder what it would do to my hair?

Then using the shampoo it felt fine. Nothing out of the ordinary. I shampooed twice and then moved onto the conditioner. The conditioner has more a cream consistency, the usual with a slight gold tinge to it. It did feel great instantly. My hair went super smooth and soft and was really easy to comb through. I would actually use less product next time as a little goes a very long way here. The real test was going to be what my hair felt like and looked like once dry. I was concerned that the conditioner was going to leave my hair heavy and lifeless but it didn't! I leave my hair to dry naturally as often as I can which is what I did this time and I was impressed. My hair was shiny and not frizzy. Felt great to the touch. I'm really liking this product :)

So far I would recommend these products to others. I'd also love to try the John Frieda sheer Blonde and with this positive experience will definitely be giving it a try! I will purchase this shampoo and conditioner again and feel that its good value for money.

See my before and after pics where I can totally see a difference in shine for sure and even the frizz!! I do feel that it has highlighted the golden tones in my hair. The top pics are before and the bottom after even just one wash!! Both times I left my hair to dry naturally.

Happy Me
#meandjohnfrieda

Product Recommendation

Would you recommend this product to someone else?
Yes
Would you repurchase this product?
Yes
Product look and feel.jpg
N
3 reviews
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Leave a Reply