fbpx

Beauty Bulletin

Review Detail

4.9 3 0.5
Hair Dyes April 01, 2013 3087
My dark hair had not been coloured for over two years so I was confident my hair would react well with the product. For the most part, recently dyed hair will not absorb colour well, especially if the hair colour is dark. Hair colour products usually recommend waiting a few weeks before colouring your hair again, but I've found that with my thick hair I have to wait months before my hair is ready to by dyed again.
My biggest concern was ending up with orange hair that looked brassy in the light. I've lightened my hair before and it looked great inside my house, but once I stepped out into the sunlight my hair looked like a big pumpkin.
Garnier recommends applying the hair mixture to dry, unwashed hair. I recommend not using any hair products the day of application, it may not react well with the product. I followed the instructions and combined the ingredients to make the lightening mixture. I put on the gloves provided in the kit and began to shake the bottle away from my face. After shaking the bottle for a few minutes I noticed the mixture looked white and thick. Garnier mentions in the directions the mixture may turn a darker colour during application, but this is not indicative of the colour results. I then applied the mixture only to my hair lengths and ends, making sure to save some of the mixture for my roots. The mixture is left on hair lengths and ends for exactly 20 minutes. Later, after the 20 minutes is completed, you finish the process by applying the rest of the mixture to the roots and wait an additional 10 minutes. The total length of time for the lightening process is 30 minutes.
During the first 20 minutes I did not notice any colour change to my hair lengths and ends, but during the last 10 minutes, after applying the mixture to my roots, I began to notice a slight colour change, especially at the top of my head.
After exactly 30 minutes I rinsed the mixture out of my hair. The mixture had turned a dark brown colour during the processing time so I made sure to rinse my hair until the water was clear. I shampooed my hair and applied the conditioner provided in the kit. I left the conditioner on for five minutes and then rinsed. My hair felt silky and smooth, almost healthier than before the lightening process.
When I looked at my wet hair in the mirror I did not notice a big difference in my hair colour. Only the very top looked slightly lighter, but after a quick blow dry I instantly noticed a HUGE difference. As you can see from the picture below, my hair turned out at least two shades lighter.
So, I'm sure you are wondering if I would purchase this product . Yes, I already bought a second box to use in a few months. =)
S
1 reviews
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Leave a Reply