fbpx

Beauty Bulletin

Review Detail

4.0 5 0.5
Thanks to Beauty Bulletin and Garnier I received the Garnier Nutrisse Ultra Color - 2.6 Dark Cherry. I must admit I have verrrrry ethnic, natural, african hair and I was like " are they sure will this work on my nappy afro hair???????????" Guess what......it sure did and there I was thinking its only for caucasian hair!!!!!!!!!!

The hair color promises to have 8 weeks anti-dryness(guaranteed?) The conditioner contains almond, olive and avocado oil. The very attractive box contains an applicator bottle of developing crème, a tube of nourishing color crème and 1 bottle of nourishing conditioner. It also has a (quite strong I must add)pair of gloves and an easy to understand instruction leaflet with great illustrations(I guess to help those of us that get ultra color blond moments)

I challenged my fears by choosing a color vastly different from my own but one that I thought would be less offf a shock to my mirror........ :-)

I applied the hair color a day after undoing my weave, I suppose that was rather stupid of me because I was subjected to a bit of stinging to my scalp so thats a no-nothat wasn't mentioned on the leaflet(ladies take note!!!!) The shampoo and conditioner have a lovely smell, and do not sting the eyes.

The dye has a great non drip formula thats great for us clumsly clods and the fact that you dont have to fiddle with brushes and just use the tube to apply is a boon! The dye looks as though its not going to be enough but it sure is I probably could have used half and still done the same job! Just a warning though and a note to self: Wash in a deep sink......the shower looked awful after this!!! but it was easy to clean.

My hair never got as course as it normally does after dying and that was great for me! The great thing is that the coloring was subtle enough not to shock yet dramatic enough that even my 11 year old boy noticed! Love the Ultra Color! Next time I'll get a more shocking one.....maybe blonde or red copper!!!!!!!! Come on ladies try it out!
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Leave a Reply