Review Detail

4.3 119 0.5
has a fresh scent
(Updated: July 02, 2015)
Overall rating

Price

Quality

Effectiveness

I had been waiting to test the Garnier BB cream for a while so I was quite excited to finally get my hands on a tube. As I have tried other BB creams before, I kind of knew what to expect.

Garnier's BB cream has a fresh scent and comes in 3 shades - light, medium and dark. This might be problematic for some people, but I find that the shade does seem to 'blend' and adjust to your own skin tone if you pick the shade nearest to your skin tone. I got the light and it matches my skin tone well. The cream goes on well, except that it did feel a bit greasy to me. I set it with translucent powder and it gives a nice sheer coverage for a rather natural look.

For ladies with dry skin, I think that this will work great. I have combination skin so it does feel a bit heavy, but with powder, it lasts well into the day. I think that this will be great for a natural look and for when you just want to even out your skin tone without putting on a whole face of foundation.

The price is very reasonable when compared to other BB creams that are available in South Africa and the quality compares with other BB creams that I have tried.

Overall, it does what it claims to do, and the SPF is a bonus. It also did not cause break-outs on my face which I sometimes experience when trying new creams. I will recommend this for ladies who have drier skin and also those who want sheer coverage and all the benefits of moisturizer with a tint of foundation instead of using foundation.

Not sure if I will continue buying this BB cream as I want to test them all (and ALL the big brands are going to jump on this wagon if they haven't already), and I already have a few that i'm testing out. There are many brands selling BB creams overseas so it won't be long before SA catches up!
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Leave a Reply