fbpx

Beauty Bulletin

Review Detail

4.7 4 0.5
Fragrances October 16, 2012 951
Lady Gaga “Fame” being probably one of the most anticipated fragrance launches this year with all the hype around it going to smell like blood and semen and the first ever black fragrance, I who don’t normally take to celebrity fragrances was a little bit curious to know what this fragrance would smell like.
“Blood and semen, really? Why would you want to smell like that? But then of course, its lady gaga – everything she does is inexplicable, like that meat dress!” were my thoughts. Upon learning more about the fragrance I am happy to say I am relieved to know it only contains notes such as belladonna, honey, saffron, apricot nectar, tiger orchard, jasmine sambac and incense.
Apparently this fragrance is not like other – with no top, middle and base notes. All the notes come out the same time and using a push-pull technology that allows notes to rise at different times which allows for it to smell different on different people (if I understand it correctly).
Upon spraying the fragrance on my skin I do notice a faint greyish tinge in the liquid that very quickly turns clear on my skin. The fragrance starts off very fruity, I assume this to be the apricot nectar. The fragrance ‘settles’ on my skin as a fruity, yet creamy white floral fragrance. I tried rubbing the fragrance on my skin to see if I detect any other notes, but it remains the same. I find the fragrance very linear, however unlike other (most) celebrity fragrances this isn’t too sickly sweet. I enjoyed this fragrance for the most part I was wearing it, but after a while it changed on my skin - a note I am not familiar with, but smells “dirty” which I didn’t like. I did not detect the incense and the fragrance didn’t last long on my skin. I find although the fragrance didn’t live up to the hype – it is for the most a pleasant fragrance.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Leave a Reply