fbpx

Beauty Bulletin

Review Detail

4.7 4 0.5
Fragrances October 16, 2012 949
I must admit, I was not too enthusiastic about testing Lady Gaga's perfume, even typing her name sends a shiver down my spine *drama*, but I must admit, I was more curious about seeing the first ever black coloured perfume than I was about the actual fragrance.
On my first spray of the perfume, I expected a black liquid to be visible, bad sadly the excitement faded as there was only a slight, very slight tint of black which was quickly absorbed by my skin. The fragrance is surprisingly sweet, probably like Lady Gaga off stage and out of costume. It reminds me a bit of a very signature scent - Angel by Thierry Mugler - but it does not have that sickly sweetness to it.
My Husband actually joked and said that I should be wary of anything that comes from Lady Gaga, it might contain animal blood or a wart of an ogre. I laughed saying it was already too late while reading online what the ingredients were. And true to Gaga form this is what one website has to say about Gaga's new type of crazy (*caution when reading, some truly scary things*):

According to The Daily Mail, the mixture, which is black like the “soul of fame,” but quickly turns invisible when you spray it on your skin (also like fame,) contains some of Gaga’s DNA. You can literally wear her DNA on your body and in your hair!
“It was taken out of my own blood sample, so it’s a sense of having me on your skin. I wanted to extract sort of the feeling and sense of blood and semen from molecular structures, so that’s where [the rumors] came from. That is in the perfume, but it doesn’t smell like that. Actually, the perfume smells like an expensive hooker.”
According to the list of ingredients printed on the box, Fame smells like:
“Tears of Belladonna, crushed heart of tiger orchidea, with a black veil of incense, pulverized apricot, and, the combinative essences of saffron and honey drops.”

Read more at http://starcasm.net/archives/160309#elPege0T3gDx1rFu.99

You decide....
M
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Leave a Reply