fbpx

Beauty Bulletin

Review Detail

4.7 4 0.5
Fragrances October 16, 2012 953
Gaga was involved in everything: the bottle design, the colour of the juice (black), and particularly the fragrance notes. Usually you have a pyramid: a top, middle, and base note.But Fame has things happening all at the same time the ingredients interact together to highlight different notes at the same time without the need of the traditional fragrance hierarchy.So her personality is reflected in it.

3 smells are present.First you have : madness, which is the belladonna/saffron/incense business you smell on first spray. 'Belladonna is a tiny, shiny fruit. You can eat the fruit, but the seeds are poisonous. And the saffron and incense create darkness.' Then there's 2: pleasure, which is a combo of honey and apricot. 'This is not the typical sweetness you see all the time. It's a little bit like skin.3: glory, a creamy jasmine and orchid situation, which makes Fame especially feminine.

Initially their were rumors about blood,gummy worms and semen notes but they were just rumours.
The smell is dominantly fruity with a hint of floral, citrus and musk.Its slight muskiness makes it versatile and unisex.
Just as Lady Gaga is a mix of light, darkness, and sensuality, so too is her first fragrance Fame. The Fame fragrance represents the pleasure and madness, glory and decadence, power and anger, freedom and obsession of Fame. Fame speaks not only to Lady Gaga's millions of little monsters, but also to the young women everywhere who seek to experience new technology and glamour and femininity of and extremely wearable and unique fragrance.
The bottle is designed egg shaped with an gold claw top, which is meant to resemble a paw. "Paws up" is Lady Gaga's way of saying stand up and be proud of who you are, so the paw not only a clever design, but a symbol for her fans as well.

It's a black liquid, the first of its kind, that chemically transforms to be clear after it is sprayed. it also does not stain white clothing as i tested that out.
The lasting power is not great as the scent faded after 3 hours and i had to put my wrist under my nose just to get a light faint smell which is not what you expect from an EDP but rather a EDT so reapplying it is neccessary. I love perfumes but am really fussy about which ones i like. i dont really like it as i like sweet smelling or floral or powdery scents and tend to stay away from the fruity or citrus types which is the category it falls into. I would not go and purchase this but i am sure if you are a lady gaga fan this will definately be something you will buy
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Leave a Reply