Review Detail

4.9 5 0.5
Hair Removal March 22, 2012 190
Threading is the best!
Overall rating

Price

Quality

Effectiveness

I had my eyebrows waxed for years - I can't handle letting my eyebrows get messy, especially as I'm now blonde but have naturally very dark hair - my eyebrows are nearly black. I also get a few little hairs above my top lip that I'm always super self-conscious about but that nobody actually ever sees.

I had both lip and brows waxed for ages, but even though my eyebrows never had an issue, I always had breakouts on my lip, bad ones where I'd get spots that just wouldn't go away for over a week. That was when the therapist doing the waxing suggested threading.

Now, I won't lie - I've got such a poor tolerance for pain. Waxing is sore for me, no matter how long I was doing it. Threading is worse. If I go in to the salon with eye makeup on, I have to redo it before I leave as it smudges and my eyes run. Yes, it's much faster than tweezing, but at least with waxing, it's one rip and that section is done. Threading is very quickly pulling each hair out seperately.

However, the result from threading is SOOOOO much better! I never have a breakout from it, as it doesn't irritate the skin the way wax does, it's so much neater and much more precise. I also go less frequently than I would if I was waxing!

This makes the pain totally worth it for me!
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

2 results - showing 1 - 2
Ordering
June 03, 2013
I visited the Eye Candy bar in the Cape Town V & A Waterfront, I had my eyebrows threaded, I would go again, it was my first time, but the lady who did my eyebrows was so friendly and she had so much patience with me, i would really recommend it :)
L
Lynn01
June 17, 2014
Great Review! I totally agree, threading is fantastic: clean, precise, neat. A great way to shape eyebrows and regrowth is minimal.
MA
Mizz A
2 results - showing 1 - 2

Leave a Reply