Review Detail

3.9 12 0.5
Mascaras, Eyebrow Pencils February 28, 2011 521
Estee Lauder Sumptuous Extreme Lash Mascara
Overall rating

Price

Quality

Effectiveness

Reading reviews on mascara is like reading "general" skincare reviews: they are of no use if you don't know the reviewer's skin type. The same goes for mascara. What will work for fuller lashes, will definitely not work for straight, short lashes.

I have full, long, curled natural lashes. So when buying a mascara, I'm not looking for anything that adds length, not too drastic volume, but definitely adds high definition. This mascara is one of the select few that achieves that, without getting clumpy after a while**. It defines beautifully and really creates the impression that you have more lashes than what you really do. I love this mascara and would classify it as my HG if it wasn't so expensive.

Also something to keep in mind: this mascara easily lasted me three to four months with daily use (using only this for those four months), because the tube is a bit bigger than other mascaras.

This mascara is not waterproof, but it's also not the first thing that runs when you cry. It does clump your lashes together a little bit when it gets wet from crying or swimming, but just as well because it's not difficult to remove at night either.

** I have a habit to clean my mascara wand and tube opening at least once a week. I rub the wand in tissue paper until there is little or no colour still coming off. I do this with any mascara that I use, and this definitely helps that they never (or rarely) clump anymore.

Product Recommendation

Would you recommend this product to someone else?
Yes
Would you repurchase this product?
Yes
KB
6 reviews
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Leave a Reply