4.5 15 0.5
Foundations September 21, 2011 586
ESTÉE LAUDER Double Wear Maximum Cover
(Updated: February 07, 2018)
Overall rating

Price

Quality

Effectiveness

I purchased this foundation in the shade 3N1 Creamy Vanilla. This shade in particular is very neutral and definitely a shade too light for me. I have yellow undertones and in the original Double Wear I am in the shade 2W2 Rattan. However, in the Maximum Coverage formula 2W2 Rattan is a tad too dark for me.

I plan on getting it anyway, so that I am able to custom mix my perfect shade. Lauder recently launched a few new shades in their original Double Wear range and I am praying that they will do the same in the Maximum Cover range, because when you use a full coverage foundation - the shade needs to be a pretty perfect match for your skin in order for it to not give a mask like appearance (which is what you should always aim for).

Now that that's out of the way, I can get to why I can see myself committing to this foundation. The coverage is insane and I love that you only need a tiny amount to create a perfect blank canvas. The formula is so easy to work with - it is velvety, spreads like butter and you have enough time to blend it seamlessly into the skin.

The finish is very skin like - unless you use too much - in which case it will accentuate texture and make you look 1000 years older. The lasting power on my skin is about 8 hours and I do have to set this foundation with a powder. It has not caused any breakouts thus far and it removes a lot easier than the original Double Wear.

If you enjoy full coverage then this should be your foundation of choice. Just be very aware of the poor shade selection and that you may have to purchase 2 shades to match your complexion.

Product Recommendation

Would you recommend this product to someone else?
Yes
Would you repurchase this product?
Yes
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Leave a Reply