Review Detail

4.6 3 0.5
Lipgloss. Balms, Lip Plumpers November 30, 2011 148
Essence Stay With Me Longlasting Lipgloss: 02 My Favourite Milkshake
Overall rating

Price

Quality

Effectiveness

I was immediately attracted to the colour of this gloss and of course the cute packaging and price. The colour is a soft peachy pink. I also adore the names of these glosses. This one is called 'My Favourite Milkshake'. It sounds so yummy and the scent is equally as delicious. A very sweet, candy smell welcomes you every time you open up this tube.

The applicator has a somewhat different shape to the normal doe-shape applicator I'm used to seeing. This is an hour-glass shape and I think it makes application easier. It glides on and fits perfectly into the corners so you can get an even application. However I do find this gloss quite thick and you can end up with gloopy bits on your lips. It's also quite sticky in my opinion so I constantly feel like I have gloss on. But it's true to it's word and it's long lasting and this gloss really sticks to your lips.

Ok so on to the colour itself. I was a bit disappointed with the pigmentation of this gloss. I was hoping for a bit more colour to show up but this is an almost nude gloss. I don't think all the colours are like this, but I do think the light shades are more sheer. It's a very pretty colour, but unfortunately I have to apply quite a bit for it to actually show up. That being said I still really like this gloss and I'm wearing it all the time. Also applied over a lipstick does make the colour pop a lot more.

Considering the price and all the other factors I would definitely purchase another colour from this range. They are just too cute to ignore.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Leave a Reply