Review Detail

4.6 8 0.5
EyeLiners November 13, 2010 520
A staple for any beauty bag!
Overall rating

Price

Quality

Effectiveness

This is by far the best beauty item I have ever purchased. Eyeliner is my staple beauty item; I wear it every single day and would probably die without it! I therefore need an eye pencil that is of good quality and can last all day without smudging. Needless to say, I've tried enough eye pencils (within my means, of course) to know that I've come across a gem. The Essence Long Lasting Eye Pencil is retails at about R25 with a quality that is surely worth much more than this price. It has a very smooth finish that is just soft enough to be applied easily without smudging like other cheaper liners usually do. I apply my liner to my top lid (as you would with liquid liner) rather than my lower lash line. Because of the intense pigmentation and the smooth finish, it looks just like liquid liner but is far easier to use. It applies well over eye shadow too, which is probably why I will never use a liquid liner. On top of all this, it is fine enough to make a cat eye, which is something I love to do for a night out. My go-to shades are Hot Chocolate, a brown liner I use for day wear, and Black Fever, a black liner I use for a more dramatic look, usually at night. These two shades sell out the fastest, so it is best to pounce on them when Clicks or Dischem get new stock.

More than anything else, however, this pencil is long lasting, living up to its name. It remains intact throughout the day, even if I fall asleep! This pencil is just too perfect and so I usually keep some spares in my makeup bag in case I run out.

Product Recommendation

Would you recommend this product to someone else?
Yes
Would you repurchase this product?
Yes
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Leave a Reply