Review Detail

5.0 4 0.5
Eyeshadows April 07, 2013 190
Overall rating

Price

Quality

Effectiveness

Hi everyone :)

I always hear good reviews about Essence and I myself LOVE their makeup range. Not only because it’s affordable but also because it’s actually really good quality.

Yesterday I popped into Clicks and I was rummaging through those plastic see-through baskets where they have discounted makeup and I found a few pots of Essence Holographic Eyeshadow. The price sticker was R9.99 and I thought, “What the heck? If I don’t really like it then I won’t lose much.”
I haven’t seen this eyeshadow before. When I looked at the colour, it was a silver-ish colour. I thought it would be perfect for a shimmer that I could wear for an everyday laid back look and even for campus.

So I went to the cashier and to my surprise...it scanned as R5.60.
I was like “whaaaaaaaaaaat? -__- No way!!”

I was excited to use it and tested it immediately when I got home!

My findings:
- It’s NOT silver! Again, I was like “whaaaaaaaaaaat? -__- No way!!”
- It’s a beautiful lilac-ish colour.
- Its high pigmented.
- It works well for a highlighter or base colour.
- It’s not a new product. The reviews I’ve read were all made in 2011. I think that Clicks would still have it. I think it’s one of those “to clear” items.

Overall, I think it was a good buy. I doubt I will wear it for the intended purpose. I would rather wear it to go out instead of wearing it to campus.
If they do re-launch the Holographic range again I would definitely buy other colours.

^_^
Xo.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Leave a Reply