4.9 11 0.5
EyeLiners April 23, 2012 369
Essence Gel Eyeliner in 01 Midnight in Paris
(Updated: July 02, 2015)
Overall rating

Price

Quality

Effectiveness

I absolutely adore all Essence products- they are exquisitely packaged, cute, fun and super affordable! I wanted to try some gel eyeliner and as I’m not accustomed to using one I opted to buy a cheaper brand version. This led me to purchasing the Essence Gel eyeliner in midnight in Paris (black, for all us normal folk).

This 3g product retails for R39.99 and lasts for ages. Its very neatly packed and looks absolutely posh and elegant. The bottle is a little round glass tub with a black twist-off lid. The lid has silver writing on it with little coloured and outlined squares. The look is very funky and alluring. No applicator is included but this isn’t a problem as one can easily be purchased. The gel is smooth and looks glistening when the lid is opened. As you can see, my gel looks macerated and hacked to death, this is only cause its quiet soft and needs the gentlest of touch (which clearly I do not possess).

The gel is waterproof and dries really quickly. Due to these 2 important qualities, I’ve used it to create cat-lined eyes too ? that’s definitely multi-use for your money. The gel lasts for ages and goes on smoothly without clumping or rubbing all over the place. In the time it takes to get more gel onto your applicator the one applied is already dried.
Eyeliner gel offers the best of both worlds. They are better than liquid liners as they don’t dry as fast and can be smudged like a pencil. It is most effective when used between your eyelash roots and the actual lashes. A good eyeliner brush is needed so that the best results can be achieved, lines need to be clean and precise.

It’s a very intense highly pigmented black that does not fade during its use. It lasts forever on eyes without smudging or flaking off. It doesn’t gel oily or “leak” like your normal pencil liners. I often use Kajal, this gel is somewhat similar to this and is applied in the same way. It does offer better colour and longevity than Kajal and has so now become a staple to my make-up case.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

1 results - showing 1 - 1
Ordering
(Updated: July 31, 2013) July 31, 2013
Thanks for the review. It was very descriptive and I am sure very informative to the members.
I currently utilise this product, and I stand as a good testimont to her review.
My experience with Essence Gel Eyeliner has been amazing and as true as demonstrated above.
It's affordable, comes in a tiny jar, lasts you a very long time and results are effective.
It does not smudge and NO touch ups required throughout the day. Thanks again #verygoodpurchaseindeed
R
Rochelle25
1 results - showing 1 - 1

Leave a Reply