Review Detail

4.1 16 0.5
BB Creams April 25, 2013 2128
Essence BB Cream - Natural
Overall rating

Price

Quality

Effectiveness

This is the first BB Cream that I have tried, and I was excited to get in on the trend finally! It costs R54.95 and comes in 3 shades: 01 Universal (orangey), 02 Natural (the lightest shade) and 03 Medium (the darkest shade). As I am quite fair, I got 02 Natural to try out.

I was quite shocked at the colour when I first squeezed it out of the tube as it seemed really dark to me (see photo), but once it was on it did blend in quite well. It went on really easily and had good coverage, although I admit I did put two layers on as I thought it looked a little too natural with just one layer.

My skin does have a pinky/reddish hue to it naturally on my cheeks, and this cream did even the colour out to a point, but if you are looking for flawless coverage, then I don't think that this will impress you very much. It definitely does not cover up pimples etc! I would use this more on weekends when I don't feel like looking too "made up".

It feels light on my skin, even with two layers, and I like the moisturising effect.

There was a slight unpleasant fragrance that I noticed, but the tube was sealed when I bought it so I don't think it was because it had been exposed to air/bacteria. Maybe I just got a bad batch, I am not too sure as it is supposed to be fragrance-free! The smell does disappear quite quickly though.

In short, here are my pros and cons:
Pros
Great Price
Blends well
Moisturising effect good for winter
Light on skin
SPF 30

Cons
Not great at covering up
Slight unpleasant odour

I would recommend this to a friend.
Example of the coverage