4.3 9 0.5
Essence 2in1 eyeliner pen.jpg
EyeLiners June 18, 2013 328
Essence 2in1 Eyeliner Pen
Overall rating

Price

Quality

Effectiveness

Formula: I have very oily eyelids & am wary of eyeliners that cannot stand up to this by the end of the day. When I only use this liner without any eyeshadow, it smears just a little bit by the end of the day. It isn't enough to destroy the liner, so it passes. When I use eyeshadow, the liner does not budge, so I was very impressed. My one problem/concern is that the formula can get a little sticky. I noticed this when I first starting using it as my eyelids would feel a little sticky when I blinked, but then this stopped happening. It's possible that I just got used to the formula or that something is up when you first break open a new pen. But it wasn't too bothersome. I tested this on my wrist & took a shower the following day. It barely budged.

Applicator: The thin line end is a really long applicator! I accidentally made a perfect wing when I first used this. I think it was a combination of the length of the applicator & the pen itself since it's double-sided. I was impressed. Since then, I have been able to purposely do a nice mini wing with the thin end. The thick end is ok...it skips & drags across my lid, so I would only use it for the end of my wing or something. Not the end of the world given the price. I felt like I had a lot of control regardless of which end I was using. And the product does not feel like I am using a marker on my face like similar drug store products do (for example, Almay Pen Eyeliner 210 Navy ). I think the applicator felt tip might be a little rough on my eyelids as I notice a little soreness on my lids from where I normally line.

Value: I think is product is definitely worth the price. It isn't perfect, but it does better than a lot of other liners in its range & works as a daily eyeliner.

Product Recommendation

Would you recommend this product to someone else?
Yes
Would you repurchase this product?
Yes
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Leave a Reply