4.3 9 0.5
Essence 2in1 eyeliner pen.jpg
EyeLiners June 18, 2013 331
A decent felt tip eyeliner pen
Overall rating

Price

Quality

Effectiveness

The essence 2-in-1 eyeliner pen has a good thin (normal pointy) applicator. The wider applicator may be good for drawing guidelines for the thinner one to fill in but that’s about it so I do not think it can be viewed as a 2-in-1.

I was so excited when I saw my sis had bought the Essence 2-in-1 eyeliner pen that I immediately went to use the thin tip to enhance my upper lash line. I really like that you have control similar to a Kohl pencil and yet get the effect of liquid eyeliner all because of the felt tip of the pen. The Essence 2-in-1 eyeliner pen is so named as it has a thin applicator for a precise, natural line and a broader applicator for an intensive, dramatic line. Now that I’d seen the thin tip in action I wanted to play around with the wider tip to draw more dramatic lines and cats eyes and pin up looks. So I nicked it from my sister (with her permission of course).

The first time I tried I had drawn a beautiful thick line with a flick at the outside corners. Alas that’s not where the liner stayed. An hour or two later and much of it had transferred to above the crease on my upper lid (luckily I was home the whole time). This could’ve been a combo of my lids just being naturally oily and the liner not drying. The solution or so I’ve heard: powder shadow. Take two: I prime my lid with a neutral shadow, use the eyeliner pen to draw a line and go over it with a similar colour eye shadow. This works but one loses the dramatic effect one gets from using an eyeliner. Take three: I prime my upper lid all over with a neutral shade, use the eyeliner pen to draw a line and I think we have a winner.In all this I had noticed that the broader applicator draws a wider but lighter and therefore less dramatic line so I used the thinner tip to colour in the broad line made.

At just under R 60 you can’t expect the world. I’m not sold on the wide applicator but I still really like the thin one so that alone makes this pen a decent, affordable buy.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Leave a Reply