Review Detail

4.6 4 0.5
Hair Removal August 12, 2013 420
Epilator and shaver in one
Overall rating

Price

Quality

Effectiveness

I've never used an epilator before, but after reading Ayesha's review and other people's reviews on epilators, I decided to see if I can invest in one. I went to Clicks and found this Veet Duo Epilator & Shaver for only R299!!! I was very excited to see an epilator by a reputable brand going for a much lower price than the other epilators.

When I got home, I read the instructions etc. I used the numbing spray that comes with the duo epilator/shaver and waited the required 2-5 minutes. I began the epilation process and bit my lip in preparation for the pain. But, it wasn't so bad. Tiny little stings, but not unbearable pain.

I think the numbing spray played a major role in reducing the pain.

The epilator itself is very easy to use. It picks up the hairs easily and I has hairless in a few seconds.

The best part is the fact that it has taken 5 days for the hairs to start growing back!! I usually have to shave everyday...but not anymore.

This is a great alternative to waxing...which i've never tried because i'm scared of the pain. You can use an epilator at home for the same, if not, better results.

The shaver, on the other hand, I did not find very impressive. I'm not sure if it was because my hairs were too short, and so, it did not give me a smooth shave...Its supposed to be perfect for a close shave, but I did not get 'close shave' type of results.

The epilator is a 10/10, but the shaver is maybe a 4/10 for me.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Leave a Reply