fbpx

Beauty Bulletin

Review Detail

4.5 3 0.5
Elizabeth Arden Flawless Sponge on Cream Make-up (Cognac)
Overall rating

Price

Quality

Effectiveness

So I was chosen as one of the very lucky ladies who was sent the Elizabeth Arden Flawless Sponge on Cream Make-up to review, and boy or boy was I excited! The Elizabeth Arden brand has always been linked to exclusivity and elegance in my mind.

The packaging for this product is what impressed me first.Its gorgeously stylish in gold, silver and read, yet light and compact, and remained securely closed at all times,until I needed to open it.I had this in my handbag in case I needed touch ups during the day and was initially concerned it would open amidst all my handbag turbulence and coat everything in Cognac coloured foundation , but 3 cheers for EA, that never happened.

The product comes with a sponge situated below a flip up section which contains the foundation (see picture) but I didn't quite like using it since it didn't allow much control with application. Using my fingers and a foundation brush worked better. I applied it over my moisturizer and at first it looked and felt incredible. I am used to liquid foundation, so this felt very light and velvety soft to the touch. Unfortunately it didn't give me all the coverage I needed, and when I applied more with a dry sponge it ended up looking mask -like with a white overcast. Touch ups did not work so well either because of this. I have oily skin and as the day progressed the product seemed to separate from my skin due to the oiliness and crease. A dusting of powder didn't help and made matters worse.

However (and this may surprise you reader, since you probably think you know where this review is going) I would recommend this as a foundation to try – but to those who have dry/normal skin who need light coverage. I think the main reason this did not work for me is that I have problematic, oily skin and a cream foundation does not meet the requirements for tackling that. The amazing look and feel on my first application is what I think those with dry/normal skin would have for a longer period of time, but I could be wrong. I think its worth a buy and try – and if it doesn't work for you? You still end up with a pretty snazzy little compact that looks very chic ;)
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Leave a Reply