Beauty Bulletin

Review Detail

4.5 3 0.5
Elizabeth Arden: Flawless Finish Sponge-On Cream Makeup
Overall rating

Price

Quality

Effectiveness

Firstly, I would like to thank Beauty Bulletin for affording me the opportunity to review this amazing product! Personally I have always been skeptical when it comes to wearing any type of foundation. I always admire people when they all made up and good to go. I personally found that wearing foundations felt like I had an extra layer of skin plastered on my face. Honestly, I have only been caught wearing foundation on two rare occasions. The first occasion at my matric ball (2005) and last year at my aunt’s wedding (bride’s maid).

My perception was then challenged when I was chosen to review the Elizabeth Arden – Flawless Finish Sponge-On Cream Makeup. I was up for challenge; we were requested to select a foundation shade to match our skin type. I immediately went to Edgars for a mini makeover at the Elizabeth Arden stand. The end result was mind blowing not what I expected. My skin was left flawless and it had a natural glow (I have attached a picture). I settled for the Toasty Beige (06) as it was available in 14 different shades. Immediately when I got home people noticed the difference. I truly felt like a model.

The day I received my own Sponge-On Cream the -Toasty Beige no 06. The fun began, as I took note of the tips given to me by the Elizabeth Arden in store assistant. In addition to the sponge provided for application use I bought an additional foundation sponge to assist with the application process. I prefer to use the dry finish.

Packaging: A very fancy beauty box with the famous Elizabeth Arden Red Door wrapping. On the inside of the box the message read ‘To be beautiful is the birthright of every woman’. This product has definitely done justice to that statement.

Up’s – The product itself is quick and easy to apply. The end result is satisfying.
Down’s – The product retails for R295 bit expensive but it is worth it!
M
6 reviews
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

2 results - showing 1 - 2
Ordering
July 30, 2013
Can you maybe comment on how it compares to Estee Lauder's Double Wear. I have been wearing it for years because of the perfect long lasting cover it gives. It has an even porceline finish that I have never been able to find in another product. The problem is that it is almost R500.
E
Eunie
August 01, 2013
Your skin looks fabulous with this!
T
Tanusta
2 results - showing 1 - 2

Leave a Reply