Beauty Bulletin

Review Detail

4.5 3 0.5
Flawless Finish Sponge-On Cream Makeup : 73 Toast
Overall rating

Price

Quality

Effectiveness

Every girl loves diamonds, so that's all the more reason to love the NEW and IMPROVED Elizabeth Arden Flawless Finish Sponge-On Makeup. Elizabeth Arden had created the best selling foundation in the Elizabeth Arden range years ago, however recently they relaunched their amazing Sponge On Makeup in an improved and amazing new foundation.

So what's new about the Flawless Finish Sponge on Makeup?
The new and improved sponge on foundation includes diamonds to reflect light, the foundation instantly diminish discolourations and fine lines to-give you a perfectly even and radiant finish that lasts 12 hours.

Diamonds in a foundation? Yes you read right! This amazing Flawless Finish Sponge on Makeup uses mirconized diamond powder. Which makes the foundation an amazing light-reflecting foundation, which manipulates and scatters the light to diffuse the look of imperfections giving you a flawless, radiant finish. Mainly because the secret to flawless skin is the amount of light that bounces off the surface.

This wonder foundation has everything we looking for, like:
Radiance-boosting benefits
Improved complexion-perfecting ingredients
Moisturising properties
A natural luminous finish that lasts all day

Thanks to this revolutionary Sponge On Makeup, "flawless" is just a step away. This creamy foundation is super moisturising on skin and gives a medium to full coverage. The creamy foundation blends into skin effortlessly giving skin a smooth and glowing complexion.

Thanks to this amazing formula, one swipe of this creamy foundation, will instantly diminish:
Fine lines
Pores
Blemishes
Scars
Dark Spots

The Elizabeth Arden Flawless Finish Makeup has two main key ingredients which give skin the perfect look, you've always wanted. Which are:

Micronized Diamond Powder: Made of real diamonds, this formula reflects light rather than absorbing it. The result? Immediate reduction in the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles, and skin imperfections.

Soft Focus Microspheres: Light-diffusing particles perfect the look of skin by bending and refracting light. The result is similar to that of a soft focus on a camera – instantly diminishing the look of fine lines, pores, blemishes, scars and dark spots to leave you with a radiant, smooth and youthful glow.

The best part of doing this review, is doing research on the product, I was so impressed to find out that Elizabeth Arden had conducted a test in the US, over two weeks with 105 women.
The results were :
- 94% of women felt that the makeup was suitable for their skin type.
- 95% of women with sensitive skin indicated that the makeup was suitable for them.
- 80% of women said that it immediately concealed spots, discoloration and pigmentation.
- 88% of women said that the color stayed true all day.
- 91% of women felt that the product blended evenly.
- 85% of women saw that it provided a radiant finish.
- 3 out of 4 women saw a reduction in the appearance of pores.

My Review on the Product

I was absolutely excited that I had gotten the chance to review the new and amazing Elizabeth Arden Flawless Finish Foundation. A big thank you to the lovely ladies at Beauty Bulletin for giving me a chance to review this amazing foundation.

As soon as I held the sealed box on my hands, the words classic, classy, sophisticated, rich and exotic came to mind. Mainly because the box is a classic gold and silver box with the original and unforgettable "Red Door" logo imprinted on the box. Both the Red Door logo and the Elizabeth Arden name were embossed into the box, while the box had a glossy silky feel. The top of the box was sealed with a clear sticker which stated the colour, mine is Toast 73.

As soon as I opened the top of the box, the inside of the flap was bright red, and contained a note which stated: " To be beautiful is the birthright of every woman. Elizabeth Arden", after reading that quote... it put a smile to my face and actually made my day! I thought how true it was, and how lucky we are as women to experience some of the most amazing gifts God has to offer. As I removed the compact from the box, I gasped at how absolutely beautiful this compact was, my eyes probably widened as I was lost in my fantasy of finding the perfect foundation.

The compact was a shimmering and shiny gold compact, while the front of the compact had a large silver plate, with the Red Door logo. The large silver plate was like a frosted mirror, enough to see your reflection, just not crystal clear. Just by looking at the compact, it gave me a feeling that the product I was about to try was really luxurious and amazing.

As I opened the compact, I noticed the "Elizabeth Arden" engraving near the opening, classic... very classic look! Once the compact opened, there it was... I could feel heaven so close to me, it wasn't even funny! The mirror reflected my excited face, while the silky smooth flawless foundation screamed to be tried on.

As I opened the second deck of the foundation, I noticed a super soft sponge applicator which I knew would give me a perfect, flawless finish. There's one thing I really liked about this compact is that the mirror to apply the foundation when you're on the go is on top, normally on double deck compacts, the mirror is on the bottom of the deck, which means you have to keep flipping back and forth just to apply foundation, thanks to Elizabeth Arden, you don't have to!

I've been using the foundation every morning for four days now, I seriously can't believe I've been living without this amazing product for so many years! I read on the Elizabeth Arden Website how to apply the foundation. Elizabeth Arden’s Global Makeup Artist, Rebecca Restrepo stated that if you want full coverage, apply with a dry sponge. For a sheerer finish, simply wet the sponge to thin out the texture. You'll quickly find the right coverage level for you and it's great to have options.

After the HUGE excitement build up, I was ready to apply my Elizabeth Arden Flawless Finish Makeup, I applied moisturiser first and applied my foundation with a wet sponge applicator, as I dipped the sponge into the foundation, I watched the texture of the product, as soon as I applied the foundation to my face I could feel a lovely smooth and silky texture which was gently smoothing over my imperfections, and giving me the most amazing look ever.

This foundation cream is quite a good texture, and gives a medium to full coverage, even when using the wet sponge applicator, I found the coverage to be very good rather than sheer, I was lost for words. I have very oily skin, so I dusted my skin with the Elizabeth Arden Bare Finish Powder. As I looked in the mirror, I noticed that my imperfections had vanished, while my pores hadn't looked so large, I could notice a much more flawless look, than with the other foundations I've used.

I would have to admit, I was very impressed with the sponge applicator as well, the applicator was super soft (softer than any other sponge applicator I've tried), plus even if you use the sponge wet or dry, it gives an amazing look. Once I was complete with my make up, I felt like my make up had been applied by a professional, it was absolutely dewy, looked fresh and my face was glowing.

Everybody know the saying diamonds are forever? This is why the amazing Flawless Finish Sponge On Makeup lasts up to 12 hours on my face, without fading, turning grey or rubbing off onto clothes. The entire day I didn't need any touch ups, because this foundation was simply amazing, it gives skin quite a natural look which I really love.

The foundation comes in 14 shades, which are perfect for almost any skin tone, from the 14 shades, five shades of the foundation have been created to accommodate darker skin tones.
The foundation is available in the following shades:
Vanilla
Warm Sunbeige
Beige
Perfect Beige
Cognac
Honey Beige
Toasty Beige
Spice
Cocoa
Toast
Chestnut
Deep Amber
Mahogany
Toffee

PRO's and CON's

PRO's
Luxurious compact which is made for convenience
Compact includes a mirror
Compact has a sponge which applies make up professionally
The foundation gives a medium to full coverage
The foundation can be used with a wet or dry sponge applicator
The foundation gives skin a dewy and fresh look
The foundation hides all imperfections
The foundation gives skin a glowing look
The foundation lasts 12 hours on skin
The foundation doesn't fade
You can get a professional look in your own home.
The foundation is moisturising, especially for dry skin.
The foundation can be built on skin, from sheer coverage to full.
The foundation is available in 14 shades, including new shades
The foundation happens to be Elizabeth Arden's best selling foundation
The foundation is absolutely luxurious
Contains a grid at the bottom of the compact to allow sponge applicator to dry, if you've used the applicator wet.
You're getting your money's worth

CON's
There are NO con's at all! The foundation retails for R295, which you may think is a con, until you've tried it, although it may be out of budget... It's worth every single rand! It's a promise, once you've tried the Elizabeth Arden Flawless Finish Makeup,you won't go back!

I would really recommend you give this product a try, even if its out of your budget, save some money and purchase it, or splurge and purchase it, because every women deserves to have this Elizabeth Arden Flawless Finish Sponge on Makeup in her make up bag! It's an amazing product and is here to stay, if luxurious texture with perfecting minerals is what you're looking for, then this foundation is for you. It smooths out imperfections, gives skin a beautiful even skin tone, with a dazzling and radiant look, as strange as it may sound, this foundation gives skin a "photoshop" finish which is flawless and illuminated. Plus the compact is so easy to use and hassle free and is basically all you need to perfect your make up, even Global Makeup Artist Rebecca Restrepo said "Someone once told me solids travel better than liquids, so now I never go anywhere without my Flawless Finish Sponge On Cream Makeup. Provides as much coverage as I need, without a mess in my make up bag". It will transform the way you see foundations, it's a promise. So to all my beautiful ladies, please try this amazing foundation, I promise you won't go wrong, plus every girl deserves diamonds in her life!
P
#1 Reviewer 878 reviews
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Leave a Reply