Review Detail

4.3 4 0.5
Lipgloss. Balms, Lip Plumpers April 26, 2013 219
Elizabeth Arden Beautiful Color Luminous Lip Gloss in Red Door Red 02
Overall rating

Price

Quality

Effectiveness

I received this lipgloss to review from Beauty Bulletin and when I opened my package, I was very excited that it was an Elizabeth Arden product but I was very afraid because it was a lipgloss. I am a lipstick person and I only wear matte lipsticks. I have braces so I do not like to draw attention to my mouth and I also do not like the stickiness of lipgloss in general. Once I had applied this lipgloss though, it was a completely different story.

Firstly, the packaging is stunning. The lid of the gloss is gold with the Elizabeth Arden logo printed on it and the bottom half is see through and contains the gloss. There is also a mirror on the side which makes it so much easier when you are packing a bag. You no longer have to carry a mirror and a gloss!

The gloss itself is a very pretty red color. I have always been a fan of red lipstick so the color is very appealing to me. Once you open this gloss, the smell will hit you. It smells of vanilla and it is divine.
Once applied, I was very surprised to see that it was very pigmented and made my lips a very bright and gloss red. I always assumed gloss just tints your lips while making them shine. The color is not a very bright red so I can see how it would suit a variety of skin tones.
The lipgloss was not sticky at all. This is definitely a plus for me. It felt more like a very hydrating lip balm on my lips while still looking like a lip gloss.

The gloss contains four Key ingredients:

• Mango Butter and Shea Butter: lock-in moisture, protect and soothe lips
• Maxi-Lip™: Supports natural collagen for firmer looking, smoother and more defined lips
• Super Sterol Ester: Softens and moisturizes lips
• Vegetal Emollients: Provide extended wear and condition lips

I can definitely say that the lipgloss does everything it claims. Its definitely moisturizing, it does give an overall smooth look and effect to your lips and it lasts quite long. I cannot comment on whether it rubbed onto my teeth or not because my braces prevents that from happening (at least thats a perk of having braces!).
This gloss is definitely going into my evening makeup bag. I absolutely love it!
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Leave a Reply