Review Detail

5.0 2 0.5
Fragrances June 12, 2013 311
Elizabeth Arden 5th Avenue: NYC
Overall rating

Price

Quality

Effectiveness

“Let’s hear it for New York…New York…concrete jungle; what dreams are made off…”

The fresh, citrus scent in molten gold-a unique twist from Elizabeth Arden’s classic cult scent 5th Avenue.

This is a fantastic scent- it’s modern, alluring and enigmatic. It takes you on a journey through the contrasting city of New York. It’s a scent full of energy, contradiction and status. On application, a bustling sense of energy and an intense smell is permitted. It’s rich, fragrant and fresh but not at all over-whelming. This perfume is intense and diverse as the city it’s named after. There are so many aromas and notes used to create this ultimate limited addition Elizabeth Arden wonder. It consists of complex notes of Fruit, flowers and cozy, warm sensual notes of Vanilla, Musk, Sandalwood, Golden Amber and Tonka Bean.

This warm glowing molten coloured perfume comes in a beautiful tall and slender rectangular glass bottle with gold and black detailing. The bottle was designed on the model of modern architecture of New York and skyscrapers in Manhattan. Although seemingly edgy and modern it also houses that demure elegance synonymous of Elizabeth Arden products. The bottle is clear with a gold spray applicator and a beautiful gold square ledged lid. The front simply has a black label with gold edging and the word NYC across the side in gold.

The perfume doesn’t stain although it is a golden hue and has long lasting power. It’s great for day-time use as its fresh, assertive and demands attention. At the same time, it’s romantic and soft in an almost powdery finish. I love how confident and empowered I feel when wearing this amazing scent. It is feminine but with an almost masculine twist that makes it soo alluring to both sexes. It’s definitely a smell that evokes memories and ignites passion in both the wearer and lucky “sniffer” I have the 75ml which retails for around R395 and have been loving using it as we head into some chilly weather.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Leave a Reply