Review Detail

4.7 34 0.5
Bath Soaps, Cleansers, Washes April 08, 2019 782
Dettol Eventone Aloe & Avo Beauty Bar
Overall rating

Price

Quality

Effectiveness

I have been using the #NewDettolEventone for a few weeks now and I am impressed.

I honestly wasn't a fan of bar soaps because I have extremely dry skin and they usually make it worse.

You know that feeling when you walk out of the shower or tub, your skin all refreshed and naurished? Well with my skin, that feeling lasts about five seconds if I don't run to quickly apply some lotion.

Because of this, I opted to use shower gels or body wash over bar soaps because unlike bar soaps they increase the window I have between showering and applying lotion.
So I was little sceptical about trying the #NewDettolEventone.

At first sight of the product, I liked the packaging, and I also smelled it before opening it and I loved the smell!
So I tore through the packaging as the scent had me excited. I held a green bar in my hand and I was a little disappointed.

I know it sounds weird but here's why. I was kind of hoping that the bar would be white or colourless because I have this thing or should I say 'concern' about using colourful products especially on my face. I just got it into my head that the more colourful it is, the more artificial colourants are present. So, probably not a good thing.

So, anyway I had to face my fear or rather my 'concern' and put the #NewDettolEventone to the test. And that I did!

I use it twice daily (mornings and evenings), on my face and whole body. I do still continue with my usual face skincare routine just with some dettol in it now.

Today I am so happy I tried Dettol because;

* My skin always feels refreshed, like it's breathing.
* My skin is more naurished than before no matter the weather.
* I smell pretty amazing even without perfume.

However, I haven't seen much difference in the appearance of blemishes on my skin. It could be that perhaps it wasn't my number one concern as winter is approaching.

Still, in all honesty, Dettol has made my life a little easier, now all I have to do is find a dry skin lotion or gel to compliment it.

Product Recommendation

Would you recommend this product to someone else?
Yes
Would you repurchase this product?
Yes
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Leave a Reply