4.2 20 0.5
Shampoos, Dry Shampoos and Cleansers September 12, 2016 727
Cee's Thoughts
(Updated: October 19, 2016)
Overall rating

Price

Quality

Effectiveness

WRITTEN ON BEHALF OF CEE: "I was recently allowed to try out the new Au Natural Range of hair care from Dark & Lovely, South Africa. The Dark & Lovely brand have been in my life as far back as I can recall, even as a kid my mom would use this brand on my hair. As an adult though, friends and family know that I am an extreme natural hair advocate. I have not worn, weaves or braids or anything along those lines for years. And I am proud to be natural and proud to encourage women internationally to wear and accept their own beautiful traits. Unfortunately I find especially here in South Africa there is a negative physiological attachment and pressure to wear “fake” hair or rather to look a certain way. When I was asked to take part in trying out the Au Natural range I decided to jump on board, as maintaining ones natural hair, can be quite the task. It needs to be taken care of and had fun with, which is something I tend to do a lot of. I have worn every kind of hair style under the sun and that means that I need moisturized and strong hair. Since I have been using the Au Natural range my hair has gone from strength to strength, no questions asked. I have seen the shine return to my hair, strangely enough this means a slight red tint in summer. Since I was a kid my hair has never been “dark” but rather had a very obvious red/burnt orange tint to it when the sunlight hits it, a strange but awesome phenomenon. Not only is my hair shining bright like a diamond but its THICK and STRONG! These are two things I have always had serious issues with and am so glad I have found something that stops the breakage issues. This is a range that I will happily keep investing in, and as a traveller I find the products easy to pop into my suitcase of carryon bag ? I do suggest that you use the products all in conjunction with each other. The shampoo and conditioner smell so amazing one is almost tempted to drink them, please don’t do this, no matter how tempted. And be sure to nourish your hair daily with the hair butter! Yes, it’s like butter but for your hair, and no you can’t eat it, put the spoon down! As I currently have two shaved sides and a long Mohawk hairstyle, I have been able to CLOSELY monitor the growth and the strength that using this product has had on my hair and let me tell you, this product does not lie. Thank you so much Dark & Lovely! You’re amazing! I can’t wait to try out more of your products, after all, have you seen some of my hairstyles below? " Cee 

Product Recommendation

Would you recommend this product to someone else?
Yes
Would you repurchase this product?
Yes
WP_20161005_009_crop_500x645.jpg
WP_20161005_003_crop_499x786.jpg
WP_20161005_001_crop_451x672.jpg
WP_20161005_007_crop_451x539.jpg
06032015437.jpg
2016-01-13 12.54.43.jpg
WP 20161005 076
C
2 reviews