Shampoos, Dry Shampoos and Cleansers September 12, 2016 729
Dark and Lovely Au Naturale - SA product range review
Overall rating

Price

Quality

Effectiveness

This is an overall product review of the Dark and Lovely Au Naturale range

1. Pretty awesome
In general I loved the range, its evident that Dark and Lovely made an effort to ensure maximum moisture and care for the general needs of natural hair. e.g. Knot-out Conditioner and Afro Moisturizing Hair Butter are a great moisture boost for our typically dry hair.

2. The particulars and nitty gritty
> Price: Pleasantly surprised the pricing is affordable and reasonable for all the products and is generally consistent with other Dark and Lovely product prices. (I expected a higher price range because the natural hair is a growing market in SA)
> Quality: I'd rate the range, average for overall quality. Some products like the Moisture-Replenishing Shampoo could be replaced by better quality shampoos e.g. (sulfates!) but the Knot-out Conditioner is amazing!
>Effectiveness: Rated average as well. I was disappointed by Moisture-Replenishing Shampoo
2. Main Benefits and perks
Some of the products have multiple uses and last pretty long e.g. The Plaiting Pudding Cream is perfect for getting all those sneak-out hairs into the perfect braid or twist, but can also be is also perfect as a moisturizer for really dry and brittle hair.

3. Not just for naturals
Although this range is meant for natural/curly/afro-textured hair, I'd recommend that all ethnic hair types use it as ethnic hair (particularly 4C) generally requires the same high-moisture, non-sulpfate/paraben products to reduce breakage and retain length.

Product Recommendation

Would you recommend this product to someone else?
Yes
Would you repurchase this product?
Yes
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Leave a Reply