Quality

Effectiveness

Dark and Lovely Moisturizing Afro Butter

Product Specs:

Dark and Lovely Moisturizing Afro Butter
250 ml
R69.95
*No drying alchols, no mineral oil, no paragons

My daily moisturizing routine starts of with a lovely spraying of my hair. I spray my hair twice a day with a water-infused mixture of mineral water and an oil/leave-in conditioner so when I read the instructions that this has to be used on dry hair, I was disappointed and a little confused.

If this was to become a my go-to range for my wash-day, what would happen in the interim after I wash and condition my hair? Would I have to wait for my hair to air dry to moisturize it? It does not make sense to me. Being the rebel that I am,I used it straight after spritzing my hair with my water mixture and began applying the butter throughout my hair. I did not enjoy the smell, it has a detergent like smell and my hair looked sticky rather than moisturized.

Probably works differently on hair that's dry so I will try it again… but on dry hair this time. Although through the Research and Development stage, Dark and Lovely should have noted and been aware that ethnic hair needs tons of moisture which is mainly water. To create a product that is recommended after shampooing and conditioning, it does not make sense to wait for hair to dry to moisturize it?

Maybe the Plaiting Pudding Cream is for after conditioning and the Afro Butter is for use after such time as you've wash and dried your hair then just as a moisturizing agent? I'm not sure.

I'll have to swop my routine around a bit and note if their is any changes.

Product Recommendation

Would you recommend this product to someone else?
No
Would you repurchase this product?
No
DSC_0197.JPG
P
4 reviews
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Leave a Reply