Review Detail

4.8 60 0.5
Nail Polish Removers June 24, 2013 933
Cutex = Nail Polish Remover
Overall rating

Price

Quality

Effectiveness

An acetone nail polish remover that removes nail polish with little fuss though I am not convinced of its strengthening properties.

Cutex nail polish remover has been around for a long time. So much so that when asking a friend for nail polish remover I’d just ask for “Cutex” until I realised it’s the brand for nail polish as well so then I’d ask for “Cutex remover”.

I must say I was quite surprised to to see the nail polish remover I bought recently contained acetone as I had thought this was phased out a long time ago. A quick check on the Cutex site reveals that they use acetone in nail polish removers only to be used on natural nails as it dissolves nail polish quicker. However, Cutex claims the emollients in its acetone removers condition and strengthen your nails, thus do not dry out your nails. In addition Cutex Strengthening nail polish remover is fortified with calcium and proteins to promote strong, healthy nails.

My nails looked pretty dry after I used the remover and I immediately applied nail cream and honestly the only reason I bought the strengthening formula is because the milky white formulation looked less toxic than the others. It still smells just as toxic, thank you acetone, as the others. But yes it does remove the polish without too much effort and that is what I was after.

I’ll probably try other nail polish removers in future but I think I’ll always come back to Cutex. It does the job I bought it for and I have nail cream to nourish and moisturise my nails and cuticles.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Leave a Reply