Review Detail

4.2 5 0.5
Eyeshadows July 02, 2013 431
Clinique Shadow Stick Tint- Portly Plum
Overall rating

Price

Quality

Effectiveness

Before I learnt how to apply my eye make properly, I always wished there was a product that I could just apply all over my eyelid and then just leave the house without having to worry about it!

Now that I have the Clinique Chubby Stick Tint for eyes, I can do just that.

Firstly thank you to Beauty Bulletin for sending me this product and for the lovely event at the V&A waterfront. It was a lot of fun and I enjoyed meeting all the ladies that I chatted to so often online.

I received the product in the color Portly Plum which is a deep purple color with a slight shimmer to it. The shimmer is very subtle so it is perfect to wear everyday. I would describe the color as being "eggplant" type color. Also, although it is shimmery in the tube, once applied to the skin it looks quite matte or satin. The shimmer only picks up in the light.

I think the best part about these chubby sticks are that you don't need to wear a primer with them. It is incredibly creamy and applies really easily to the eyelid. The color is constant and is not patchy like some powder shadows can be. You can apply it lightly for a light wash of color over your lids or you can build it up for a more dramatic look.

The ladies at the Clinique counter also showed us that you can apply it with a brush too, which is nice if you have very sensitive eyes and you would want to press the chubby stick against your eye. You could also use your finger to apply it. This is something I would personally not do because sometimes I have other makeup on my fingers.

In South Afica, we receive 9 shades of the chubby sticks which are as follows:
?Bountiful Beige
?Fuller Fudge
Mighty Moss?
Pink & Plenty
?Curvaceous Coal
?Lavish Lilac ?
Big Blue ?
Portly Plum?
Massive Midnight

??There are another 3 colors that are not available to us which are as follows: ?
Lots o' Latte
?Ample Amber ?
Whopping Willow

These Chubby sticks are incredibly long lasting and the colors are all very pretty. You could even use Pink and Plenty as a blush!

My only problem with these Chubby Sticks is the price. At R215 per chubby stick, it is quite expensive for a student like myself. I do think it will be quite long lasting (it contains 3g of product) and if you find a color that you truly like, it would be worth it to purchase it.

You can blend these Chubby Sticks with normal powder eyeshadows to create different looks! Have a look at my pictures and at my video review :)

http://www.beautybulletin.com/videos/makeup/clinique-chubby-stick-tint-for-eyes-portly-plum
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

1 results - showing 1 - 1
Ordering
August 02, 2013
Gorgeous color and suits your skin tone beautifully!
SC
Shopaholic Chic
1 results - showing 1 - 1

Leave a Reply