Review Detail

4.2 5 0.5
Eyeshadows July 02, 2013 438
Chubby is the New BEAUTIFUL!
Overall rating

Price

Quality

Effectiveness

I was over the moon when I was chosen to review the Clinique Chubby Sticks For Eyes after attending the Exclusive Clinique Event at Eastgate (THANKS BEAUTY BULLETIN)!

After the event we were able to each choose a colour stick as a gift and "EYE" decided to choose the brown one (Fuller Fudge) as my favourite - it's the colour that I use most often. After the event, I waited patiently for it to arrive in my 'inbox' at the local post office...

My gorgeously packaged Chubby Stick in Fuller Fudge arrived on one of my busiest days so I didn’t think I would have a chance to use it properly. I hurriedly got ready for a supper I was running late for and saw it on my desk. I thought I may as well just throw some on for now and do it properly another time. WOW. I was so impressed. I put no effort into the application and it glided on perfectly. It has a very creamy texture which is my favourite kind, way easier to apply than the powders & the tip is just the right size*.

Fuller Fudge is a beautifully rich, bronze with a slight red hint and a stunning frosty finish. What is also amazing is that you have about 2 minutes to play before it sets properly, so you can experiment with shading and darkness levels nicely. What I have been doing for night-time is putting on a layer when I get ready and then before I go out I’ll add another layer to darken it. It lasts long! I tried applying it before work one morning to test the duration and it lasted an easy 8 hours without creasing or fading.

It comes in such a cute crayon shape, it's comfortable to hold and you will never need a sharpener because you just wind it at the bottom if you want more to come out. At R215 it's SO worth it :)

Two people commented on how fabulous my eyes looked at the supper! I owe it all to Clinique’s amazing Chubby Stick. Since then I haven't been able to resist using it every day (I am really trying to save it for special occassions). I am totally buying another one to try a different colour, but I definitely think the Fuller Fudge will be my favourite for a while. Thank you Beauty Bulletin and Clinique!

[*that's what she said ;)]
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Leave a Reply