Review Detail

4.2 5 0.5
Eyeshadows July 02, 2013 436
Clinique Chubby Stick for Eyes in 03 Fuller Fudge
Overall rating

Price

Quality

Effectiveness

I love a good idea, and the team at Clinique have definitely re-invented a great one.

Fans of Clinique Chubby Sticks, gather round! Clinique has launched a tint for eyes in their now cult status Chubby Stick style. It comes in 9 hot colours, retails for R215 and glides onto the eye in one quick application.

I was very fortunate to be able to attend Beauty Bulletins Clinique Event and get to see, test, try and choose my shade of the Clinique Chubby Stick for Eyes. I fell in love with its sleek, jumbo crayon style and how easy it was to use. The two colours I tried were bountiful beige and fuller fudge. I was instantly drawn to the bronzed subtle golden brown of the Fuller Fudge.

It’s a soft brown with an almost bronze look due to the tiny flecks of glitter. It’s a neutral colour that blends beautifully and goes with every make-up and clothing choice. It easily blends with my other shades of eye shadow and is perfect as a highlighter. The canister is the same as their Chubby Stick for Lips, with its silver base and lid and coloured canister. The 03 Fuller Fudge shows as a glossy brown canister with silver writing. The silver cap pulls off easily and clicks back on with ease. It fits securely, avoiding that pesky lost cap situation. The silver base works like a retractable crayon, with a twist it brings up more shadow stick. The shadow stick is full and has a cream to powder finish. With a swipe on my hand, it feels creamy, lush and silky. The formula has an almost metallic look with a hint of gold glitter. This doesn’t feel rough or irritating and leaves eyelids with a shiny, polished finish.

Like all of Clinique’s products, this too is 100% allergy tested and fragrance free. This ensures the best of quality and greatest of care for your skin. The chubby stick for eyes offers great cover and is easy to use for on-the-go application.

Due to it being a stick and having a retractable canister, its perfect for use when there’s no mirror available and for when you need colour fast. You have full control over the outcome as the pressure you use to apply depicts the intensity of the colour on your eyelids. It’s also sooo easy to now blend your eye colour onto the lower edges as the stick shadow works like an eye-liner with its easy to control canister and creamy texture. No brush means less irritation and intense high pigment straight onto eyelids. To achieve a smoky sultry look, a little blending with your finger helps to soften and ease the colour. It’s so simple, easy and time relieving to use the Clinique Chubby Stick for eyes to create beautiful precise and exotic looks.

At R215, it wouldn’t have been my first choice for an eye shadow had I not got this opportunity to try it. But I’ve become so hooked on its convenience, precision and highly pigmented colour that I’ve purchased 2 more to add to my newly started Clinique collection. :D
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Leave a Reply