Review Detail

4.7 1 0.5
Moisturizers,Day Creams, Night Creams June 25, 2013 250
Clinique Moisture Surge Hydrating Colour Corrector (CC) Cream: Deep
Overall rating

Price

Quality

Effectiveness

Wowee, this is the new sensation to take over from the already world famous BB Cream. I was one of the lucky BB members to be invited to an Exclusive Clinique Event. At the event the focus was on this new wonder product to hit our shelves. The cream is so popular that it had managed to sell out World-Wide! Hearing this made me even more enthusiastic to try the cream out.

The CC Cream retails for R355 for a ml tube, this is a tad pricey for my budget as a BB Cream typically costs between R59.95-R229.95, but the difference in the creams prove to make up the matter of pricing. The main difference with the CC Cream is that it contains a colour correcting system. This helps to even skin tone and reduce the appearance of red spots to create a perfect seamless canvas for make-up. In one easy step skin is supple, healthy and glowing.

The fact that it is housed under the Moisture Surge franchise, means it contains all of its hydrating benefits, plus it has SPF 30 thrown in, making it suitable to be worn under foundation. The formula incorporates a blend of sunscreens for UVA/UVB protection to help prevent the visible signs of ageing, and antioxidants such as vitamin E to protect against environmental assaults to keep skin looking healthy. The formula is oil-free and non-acnegenic.

The tube is a peachy-tan colour with a silver twist-off lid that’s almost rectangular in shape. The tube has all the writing done in silver with the signature “C” of Clinique enlarged on the top front. The cream is soft, creamy and extremely hydrating. I find the consistency to be that of a whipped out mousse. It’s super easy to apply and blends with ease. My skin looked airbrushed and even toned from every angle. The cream comes in 6 shades available in SA but 9 overall worldwide.
-very light: for porcelain and extremely fair skin tones
-light: for fair skin tones
-light medium: moderately fair skin tones
-medium: moderately fair to medium skin tones
-medium deep: for deeper medium skin tones
-deep: golden to deeper skin tones

Clinique touts that its CC Cream is everything that BB cream is not. It’s sheer while BB cream is thick and pasty; it’s about going “deep and narrow”. Clinique’s BB Cream is for the consumer who wants a more creamy texture and a fuller coverage, matte finish. Its new CC cream formula is lighter in texture, providing a moderate finish with skin luminosity and overall glow

The new Moisture Surge CC Cream SPF 30/PA+++ is an instant complexion perfector designed to enhance skin’s natural radiance while leaving it hydrated and protected. It works on a three-prong approach combining colour-correcting pigments, hydration and sun protection.
It utilises lavender optics to neutralise skin’s tonal shift. This should not be confused with pigmentation that takes years to show. Instead, skin tonal shift apparently can happen overnight due to something as simple as a lack of sleep or just too much alcohol.

Here’s how it works: Clinique’s scientific experts incorporated advanced colour-correcting technology that utilises light to achieve radiant, glowing and healthy looking skin. Dual-layered colour-correcting optics scatter light multi-dimensionally to neutralise the skin’s complexion for an instantly brighter, natural glow.

Meanwhile, colour-correcting optics visibly corrects a range of complexion concerns. Sallow, dull skin becomes rosy-looking and skin imperfections are corrected to look virtually flawless, resulting in skin that has a radiant finish.

At the event we received a 7-day sample of our perfect shade of CC Cream. I’ve been using it sparsely and truly enjoying the results. My make-up goes on super smoothly over the cream and my eye-shadow has a longer lasting power. Definitely an indulgent buy but one that has long lasting power and amazing results.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Leave a Reply