Review Detail

3.7 1 0.5
CC Creams July 19, 2013 1022
Clinique Moisture Surge CC Cream
Overall rating

Price

Quality

Effectiveness

Shall I get my gripes out of the way first, before I get to the good stuff? I was mismatched at the Clinique counter and got the CC cream in the shade ‘very light’ which actually makes me look like a ghost. Or a sick/dead person. It is great that the CC cream comes in many shades from extra light to deep, but you need to be sure you’ve got the right one for you. My skin would be suited to the ‘light’ shade.

Secondly, the CC cream is much more difficult to blend than a BB cream, as it is thicker and more "pasty". It is really more on the makeup end of the scale than the moisturiser end. It takes more work to get it blended in properly. I like to mix it with a bit of BB cream, which helps it blend more easily.

The consultant told me that everything under the sun breaks her out, but this CC cream doesn't. That’s a good sign. My skin is also sensitive and I have used it for a couple of weeks in a row now without any breakouts. The other thing I like about it is that it has SPF30. It is also quite hydrating because I have dehydrated skin and dry patches usually don't show up when wearing this.
M
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

1 results - showing 1 - 1
Ordering
July 22, 2013
It looks really great on your skin.I will give it a try
R
RuthL
1 results - showing 1 - 1

Leave a Reply