Review Detail

5.0 1 0.5
Mascaras, Eyebrow Pencils May 17, 2013 233
Clarins Eyebrow Kit Pro Palette
Overall rating

Price

Quality

Effectiveness

Eyebrows are big news this season!! The thick, well defined and neatened brow is in. Au Natural is the new “IT” look and we can all thank (or smack) Cara Delevingne for bringing the brow back.

It’s BOLD, NATURAL and POWERFUL as EVER!

So, you’re thinking you maybe ‘over-plucked’ this season, or that your sparse brows just aren’t cutting it? Well say hello to your new brow friend- The Clarins Eyebrow Kit Pro Palette. It retails for around R415 depending on store or Clarins promotions. This is a tad pricey considering that’s its only eye shadow but it’s definitely worth the splurge as all your eyebrow needs are met in this little shiny compact. Plus, as only a little is being used at a time, this is sure to last this and many fashion seasons to follow. The compact contains a colour to suit every brow colour and the tools needed to do the job right.

Firstly, this is an amazing compact! It is sleek, professional looking and regal. It is a round edged rectangular compact in mirror silver. In different lighting and angles, the compact will often look gold. The compact comes in an equally as attractive red box with white writing synonymous with Clarins packaging. Once opened, there are 3 square powders in black, dark brown and a light brown/tan colour. Then there is a strip of wax and a strip of peachy/pink eye shadow. Beneath these are your necessary tools, all Clarins branded. First up, a mini brow brush; much like a mascara wand, a double eye shadow applicator and a mini tweezer. This nifty little compact easily fits into your handbag or clutch and perfect for on the go maintenance and touch-ups.

The tweezer is used to pluck stray eyebrow hairs and neaten the arch/angle of your eyebrow. The applicator has 2 sides, 1 for applying the eyebrow powder and 1 for use with the neutral toned peachy eye shadow. This eye shadow suits every skin tone and is perfect in accomplishing an easy natural look. The brow brush is used in grooming, first to comb up all the eyebrow hair then to comb into place and apply the wax once complete. The wax helps to neaten and set you’re newly filled in brows.

The powder was easy to apply and blend, to create natural, strong looking eyebrows. Powder is the best option for you if you’re looking for a professional but natural look. Eyebrows are left looking meticulously groomed and cared for. The 1 fall back is the applicators; I can handle the tweezers but not the size of the other 2. I found it very difficult to work with such short stemmed brushes and opted to use my larger own applicators instead. I suppose the whole approach to this kit was so that it’s portable, hence the mini sized applicators.

The really cool aspect is that the shadows can be used wet or dry to create multiple brow trends. When used dry it is soft and feathery, perfect for day use. At night, up the Ante by using it wet to define and sculpt model worthy brows.

An absolute favourite of mine that has lasted well over 10 months now but if Cara’s look is anything to go by I’ll be needing a new kit and pronto..
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Leave a Reply