fbpx

Beauty Bulletin

Review Detail

4.6 8 0.5
Cleansers,Toners,Washes June 26, 2014 914
Cetaphil oil control moisturizer,
Cetaphil
Derma control oil control moisturizer with broad spectrum SPF 30!

I decided to do separate reviews, as I loved the face wash, but I found a few anomalies with the face cream,

I am currently in month 11 of Orratane treatment, taking 40mg daily, my skin is really dry, I was using a physician prescribed treatment before I started with cetaphil, to treat the scars from past acne.
My skin is not oily, but rather extremely dry and peeling in places.

The moisturizer comes in a pump action bottle, which I find to be more hygienic and it makes it easier to dispense the right amount of product. It has a very thick texture and a built in sunscreen, and the cream is not totally smooth,
I found it a bit weird to use a cream that has a sunscreen in it in the mornings and at night, as I prefer a night cream that is more nourishing.
Also, this cream also made my eyes tear up every time I used it, with a slight burning sensation, I thought I might be slightly allergic to something in the cream but when I contacted the cetaphil company regarding it, they advised me to get a good quality eye cream as the area around the eyes is sensitive, and more so during orratane treatment and that their cream was not suitable to use in the eye area, but they did not have an alternative product in their range,
This was their reply to my enquiry
"You can use the cream after you have washed your face, but please don't use the cream on your eyelids. The skin there is very sensitive. Rather get a specially formulated eye cream for that specific area."

This was the reply when I asked which eye cream they recommend,
"There are many really great eye creams on the market, I would speaking to one of their representatives about the benefits of their products."

I like a face cream that I can use on and around my eye area, as it simplifies my routine,
For this reason, I will not buy the moisturizer again, and will go back to my old moisturizer, even though the price difference is huge

With regards to my skin itself, it is soft and acne free, but I haven't seen a difference in my scars,
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Leave a Reply