Review Detail

4.5 5 0.5
Foundations January 03, 2012 445
A really lovely foundation
Overall rating

Price

Quality

Effectiveness

I have always been an Estee Lauder Double Wear fan. I will never not be one. However, I have been searching for a more price friendly foundation for every day wear - at over R400 for a bottle, my Double Wear just isn't going to last well if I wear it everyday, reapplying at night if I go out. I wanted a foundation I could wear every day for work, that would also have decent lasting power, so that I could save my Double Wear for special occasions or when I go out at night.

I battle to find a foundation in the right shade for my skin - I have a yellow undertone but most cheaper brands of foundation come in 3 kinds of shades - white/pink/orange - so they never look right on my skin.

Considering the limited number of shades that Catrice offers this Photo Finish foundation, I never thought I'd find one that was right. However, one did! It's the closest I've ever come to the right colour from a cheaper brand, and it feels amazing going onto my skin - my sensitive skin even accepted it!

Although it definitely wouldn't last 18 hours (I have oily skin, so what would really last the full length of time on that?), it had wonderful staying power, especially when set with a powder.

This has become my everyday foundation and I've already repurchased it twice!
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Leave a Reply