Beauty Exchange

×

Warning

JUser: :_load: Unable to load user with ID: 21574

Where is the best way to apply my Perfume?

I grew up in a house where my mom applied perfume on the inside of her palms, then proceeded to rub her palms together.
I have read somewhere that that is actually wrong, you should not rub the perfume after applying it to the skin as you change the chemical balance of it or something.
I hate applying perfume in my neck because the skin in my neck is so soft and sensitive. And I have found that with some perfumes it makes stains on the fabric of my clothing.

So where is the correct place to apply perfume? This is something I have always wanted to know. Please advise?
Responses (7)
  • Accepted Answer

mmakgope
    mmakgope
    Offline
    Thursday, September 17 2015, 03:33 PM - #Permalink
    I always apply it on my wrists and rubbing them together, I didn't know thats its wrong. Let me do a research on it. Thanks for the informative post:-)
    The reply is currently minimized Show
  • Accepted Answer

Thursday, September 17 2015, 03:47 PM - #Permalink
    I will check and see where I read it and let you know. Still wondering where to put it!
    The reply is currently minimized Show
  • Accepted Answer

Nixxi
    Nixxi
    Offline
    Friday, September 18 2015, 08:30 AM - #Permalink
    I've read that you must apply it in the crease of your arm and behind your knees, weird...
    The reply is currently minimized Show
  • Accepted Answer

mia shaik
    mia shaik
    Offline
    Friday, September 18 2015, 09:10 AM - #Permalink
    I spray some into the air and walk into it :p at times but mostly I spray on my pulse points.
    The reply is currently minimized Show
  • Accepted Answer

Omnia786
    Omnia786
    Offline
    Friday, September 18 2015, 03:26 PM - #Permalink
    I always use the exact same moisturiser as my perfume as this makes the scent last longer, however they usually come in those gift boxes and are hard to find on their own.

So what I do when that is not an option is use a non-scented moisturiser, and then spray the perfume behind my ears and in the crease of my arm, this usually works quite well
    The reply is currently minimized Show
  • Accepted Answer

Saturday, September 19 2015, 12:29 PM - #Permalink
    This article I found on Beauty Bulletin is helpful to me :http://www.beautybulletin.com/fragrances/how-to/apply-fragrance-like-a-pro
    The reply is currently minimized Show
  • Accepted Answer

GenH
    GenH
    Offline
    Saturday, September 19 2015, 06:19 PM - #Permalink
    I put a little behind my ears and a spray in my hair! Weird I know - but it seems to last then! :) xx
    The reply is currently minimized Show
Your Reply

Specify a password to lock discussions to only users who has the password.

You may add additional URLs that you would like to include in your post.

Add URL