Beauty Bulletin

Review Detail

4.7 4 0.5
Smashbox Be Legendary Lipstick in Pink Petal
Overall rating

Price

Quality

Effectiveness

This is my follow up to this gorgeous lipstick. As you know, I received this from BB for the February 50 shades of love and lust review.

There were some points I missed when first reviewing this lipstick. Unfortunately my lipstick didn’t come in a box but was sealed with a plastic tab on the break of the canister. The canister doesn’t give much away and is sleek matte black and rectangular. The lid is a tad stubborn to pry off, but makes it ideal for handbag use.

The colour is a very neon looking, bright pink and looks great on fairer skinned ladies. It’s a soft, moisturizing and creamy formula that glides on easily and feels sensational even after a few sips of wine. Once settled it becomes an almost matte finish and has a similar effect to a lip stain.

If applied lightly, it makes for a great romantic look, but if demanding attention and pulling a Nicki Minaj is how you roll then be bold and use liberally to amplify your look. This option, I felt was too cartoonish for my skin tone.

On a smooch test, it scores an 8/10 only because my BF looked as though he was kissed by a flamingo . It’s a beautiful colour to use for kisses on letters and envelopes though. It’s a very feminine, girly colour reminiscent of bubblegum.

So, keeping with 50 shades, this lipstick can be matched to your satin sheets and definitely delivers all the hearts and flowers, with or without the kinky F…ery ;)
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Leave a Reply