4.8 9 0.5
Avon Glazewear.JPG
Lipgloss. Balms, Lip Plumpers March 18, 2014 391
Luscious Lips for Me - yes please
Overall rating

Price

Quality

Effectiveness

I hadn’t battered my eyelashes at Avon until receiving a Spot prize from the lovely beauty bulletin, last year, and since then I have been hooked! Needless to say, I was more than excited to receive these two beauties, to add to my collection. I have mentioned before that I don’t often use lip product as I find them to be too sticky, shiny, buttery, etc. But every now and then, something incredible happens… Avon Happens.

With their new and improved formula, Avon brings you all the goodness of their original ultra glazewear with an added benefit of SPF 15 in the new Ultra Glazewear Absolute!

I love the simplicity of the packaging, they are small enough to keep them in your handbag or in an on-the-go make up kit. I especially love the applicator, as I find glosses that are applied directly to the lip are too thick and shiny, they make your lips sticky and on a windy day – your hair tends to get caught on your lips. However, with this applicator – you have control. You can control the amount of product you apply, you don’t go all over the place and can define your lips!

As for the product itself, it is a sheer finish that makes for the most luscious looking lips! The formula is smooth and silky, applies with the greatest of ease and adds the much needed moisture for the current dry, winter season. I like that it is not too shiny as often the shinier the product, the stickier your lips and the cheaper you look. It adds just the right amount of moisture that you still feel the effects of, long after the product has been absorbed. And let’s not forget the all-important and added benefit of it being SPF 15, protecting your delectable lips from the harshness of UV rays.

I received mine in Nourishing Nude and Luminous Wine.

I wouldn’t pick the luminous wine for my pale skin tone, but find it is great for special occasions or date nights as it catches attention and is very different to my everyday look. I have become very reliant on the nourishing nude and it is the cherry to my daily make up routine. I love how the colour pulls my entire look together. In Bobbi Brown’s book, she says that you should choose a lip colour that matches your own or is a shade brighter. I find that nourishing nude does this beautifully and is the definition of an amazing nude lip! It goes well with simple looks, or a sultry smokey eye.

My only complaint is that the product is not all that long lasting but then again, with such a beautiful array of colours – who is complaining about having to reapply? And at such an affordable price, there is no excuse for not having bought the entire range!
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Leave a Reply