Review Detail

4.6 61 0.5
Lipsticks August 15, 2013 1618
Attractively sophisticated
Overall rating

Price

Quality

Effectiveness

If you don't already know, I am not a fan of lip products, especially lipstick. If I had to choose a lip product to wear, it would definitely be Revlon's Just Bitten Kissable Lip Stain. I do have a few lipsticks though and most have not been used (reviews coming soon). Like this little item, that has been stored away for a very long time and I admit to never have putting it to use, until my latest ombre lip tutorial. I have it in the shade, Oxford Wine. I really like the name, there is a degree of sophistication to it, much like the general appearance of this product. The lipstick comes in a sleek and attractive casing that is suitable for both work and everyday use. It is attractive and modern with its glossy black and silver finish. As you can see in the picture, this lipstick looks like a dark shade of purple, which is probably what put me off - I wasn't so keen on having purple lips. But after applying it, I noticed that it was more of a rich, indulgent pink with a rose' wine hue to it. I have to say that this lipstick is great at nourishing and moisturizing your lips and you can feel the effects for a short while after application. It is a thick creamy texture, a little too thick for my liking, so I prefer applying it with a lip brush. I find that it is not the most long lasting lipstick, so reapplying throughout the day would be necessary, but I wouldn't really complain as I believe the formula contains omega 3 oil and Vitamin E - essential for those soft, luscious lips! Overall, I wouldn't necessarily pay R130 for this, or any lipstick in particular, but that is because of my personal likes and dislikes. I do appreciate this shade and will most definitely be putting it to use, more often. I like that the lipstick is a smooth texture and doesn't create that thick, sticky barrier that puts me off all lip products.

Product Recommendation

Would you recommend this product to someone else?
Yes
Would you repurchase this product?
No
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Leave a Reply