Review Detail

4.6 61 0.5
Lipsticks August 15, 2013 1588
Buttered Rum & Red 2000
Overall rating

Price

Quality

Effectiveness

Ladies I was so fortunate to received 2 Avon Ultra Colour lipsticks in Buttered Run and Red 2000, as part of my Share, Shoot & Win prize.

AVON'S CLAIMS ON THESE LIPSTICKS:
Comfortable wear lipstick with stay-true rich colour.
Pigments reactivate when lips are pursed together for colour that keeps on going.
Reveal your most colour rich lips with new Ultra Colour Lipstick. Infused with natural ingredients, the stay true formula nourishes your lips and provides vibrant colour.

MY THOUHGTS:
1) I really like darker colours on the lips, so the Buttered Rum, which is a dark wine red, and the Red 2000, which is a beautiful darker shade of red, were right up my alley.
2) The lipsticks glide on effortlessly onto the lips and leave them feeling moisturised.
3) No metallic taste or smell that some lipsticks have.
4) In order to get the desired shade on my lips, I had to clad and re-apply, clad & re-apply, about 4 times. One can choose the shade by layering the colour.
5) Without cladding & layering, the lipstick rubs off easily and leaves an unsightly stain on your water glass or cup, so this method worked well for me.
6) Both lipsticks stayed on for about 2 hours before I had to re-apply. It may stay on longer on someone else's lips. I drink water constantly, so am quite hard on my lipsticks and make them work hard too ;-).
7) Normal price is about R89,95, but they are on special from time to time.

FINAL VERDICT: If you are looking for a moisturising lipstick that feels good on your lips with medium staying power, this is the one. LIKE IT, but do not love it.

Product Recommendation

Would you recommend this product to someone else?
Yes
Would you repurchase this product?
Yes
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Leave a Reply