Review Detail

4.1 143 0.5
Mascaras, Eyebrow Pencils October 28, 2013 1954
AVON Mega Effects Mascara in Blackest Black
Overall rating

Price

Quality

Effectiveness

I ALWAYS wear mascara, so let me start of by saying this: In my opinion, this is the BEST mascara I have ever used! I know that I have used quite a few mascaras and the current always being better than the last, but I never stopped looking for thee PERFECT mascara! I am proud to say that I have finally found this in Avon Mega Effects Mascara!

The packaging:

Unique, Innovative, Creative, User Friendly and Perfect for me. I love the fact that its so securely packaged, now I do not have to worry about my mascara drying out. The applicator reminds me of a paint brush, and the application feels like I am painting the formula onto my lashes. I LOVE THIS!!! The applicator is so perfectly proportioned that it allows for each individual lash to be coated, separated, elongated and thickened. All this after one coat.... YES LADIES, ONE COAT! The applicator allows you to bend/angle it for a more precise application, reaching the lashes on the inner and outer corners of the eye. YES, the applicator may look odd, but I think it's the best thing since sliced bread - and by far the most innovative mascara wand yet. It covers the entire lash line and when starting from the root and wiggling upwards, it covers every lash strand leaving beauty in its path, you gotta love it!!

The overall packaging is eye catching with Avon's signature black casing but with an addition of a red cap, as well as the applicator handle being the same shade of red. I think the colour scheme works really well together giving off a great edgy vibe and all together visually appealing!

It's small, compact and easily transportable in your clutch/handbag/cosmetic bag

The formula:

The Mascara formula is nothing short of awesome! As I have mine in Blackest Black it has a lovely velvety appearance with a good smooth consistency. It takes instantly to my lashes and as previously stated it coats, separates, elongates and thickens in one simple coat! I find this to be perfect for those situations when time is of the essence, and all i have time for is one coat! The wonderbrush also allows me to get right down in the root so it appears as if I have eyeliner on, so another plus! But if you are after a more intense look, apply the second coat before your first application dries - It dries really quick which is useful as there is minimal to no mess, and less opportunity for my handy work to smudge.

After application, then what?

Sit back, relax, look fabulous, fierce and feel confident knowing that Avon Mega Effects Mascara has you covered! As I have previously mentioned in other reviews, I wear contact lenses so I need my mascara to be flake proof as well as to be easily removed at the end of the day (there is nothing worse than trying to get your mascara off and losing a few lashes in the process!). I find all the boxes ticked with Avon Mega Lash Mascara..

How did it fare through various situations?

I had a vigorous 2 hour work out last night and perspired buckets, I looked worse for wear, but my eyelashes still looked absolutely fabulous! I do not think this particular mascara is waterproof, but found that it did not run when my eyes teared up (I suffer from hay fever and sinus and often have to deal with itchy teary eyes), it did not smudge, or flake through out the day - even after the itchy eye episode, and the hectic work out.

To sum it up:

Pros:

- It does not flake, AT ALL.
- It does not smudge
- My lashes look crisp and fresh at the end of the day, so it wears extremely well, better than most mascara's i have used.
- It takes well to lashes
- One coat is all you need for beautiful naturally full looking lashes
- It is buildable, so achieving that intense smouldering lash look is a piece of cake with Avon Mega Lash
- The applicator allows me to really get down onto the lash line which helps to create a fuller appearance as well as an eyeliner effect and really opens up my - eyes
- Clump free

Cons:

Personally, I'm head over heels in love with Avon Mega Lash, so I can't find any cons.

* I have read many reviews on this Mascara before receiving from BB and what seems to be common is that some women find the applicator to be too short or small or even plain scary (I think the scary part becuase it's so different and some women do not like change from the traditional wand). I thought this would also be the case after seeing it, but I think it is more a matter of finding the nick to using it. Once you master that, you will find that its actually the perfect size for precise and efficient application.

In a nutshell, it lives up to its promises and so much more *happiness*

As I do not share my mascara with anyone, I have not tested this on anyone with short or minimal lashes. From what I have experienced though, I would think that it will definitely improve the visual appearance of lashes in the before mentioned conditions. I would therefore highly recommend this mascara to everyone, it's not your average mascara, so you may experience some trial and error, but I promise, It's really worth the results, all you need is a little patience!

* for the first time user, there is an instruction leaflet provided inside the box with step by step instructions on how to apply the mascara :)

Thank you to BB and Avon for sending this amazing mascara my way, you made one mascara loving lady VERY VERY happy!

Product Recommendation

Would you recommend this product to someone else?
Yes
Would you repurchase this product?
Yes
SC
Top 50 Reviewer 280 reviews
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

6 results - showing 1 - 6
Ordering
October 25, 2013
Thank you for a very informative review!! love it...
C
cpeter01
October 25, 2013
I can't to try this fab new product. And after reading this review even more so excited to do so :)
C
cassyfrost
October 25, 2013
awesome video and written review Nicole!I was a bit skeptical about this mascara,but it seems very easy to apply and looks gorgeous on you :)
R
RuthL
October 28, 2013
In reply to an earlier comment

Thank you :) *huge smile* xox
SC
Shopaholic Chic
October 28, 2013
In reply to an earlier comment

Glad u enjoyed it :) xox
SC
Shopaholic Chic