4.0 1 0.5
Avon Mega Effects Mascara.jpg
Mascaras, Eyebrow Pencils November 01, 2013 157
Avon Mega Effects Mascara
Overall rating

Price

Quality

Effectiveness

The Avon Mega Effects mascara is like nothing I have used before. In plain language - it is a CHALLENGE! Thank goodness the packaging came with instructions else I would not have known how to open it correctly (without breaking anything).

My first thought was that I would never figure out how to use it without creating utter havoc, but with a bit of spit and a tissue you can fix many bloopers. I am not sure why it has an adjustable handle, as it made it a bit more difficult to operate. I prefer the standard long wand. At first, I did get a smudge here and there, but with a bit of practice, I think I’ll become better skilled at applying it.

You cannot miss the immediate impact the mascara makes. It has a generous, wetter application, which adheres to lashes, thickening them instantly and the comb separates them nicely. The fact that it’s Blackest Black, of course does make it stand out more prominently. I noticed that applying 2 coats can be problematic as it causes clumping and I had to separate my lashes with a toothpick afterwards (works like a bomb!) Perhaps you have to wait between applications for each layer to dry completely.

The mascara comes off easily without makeup remover, so washing was a breeze – no raccoon eyes! BONUS!!

I think applying the mascara at the end of my makeup is going to be a bit scary as I’ve made smudges here and there, which caused me to touch-up my makeup and I don’t like that – it becomes a “patchwork-matchwork” to ensure that it appears flawless. So, I have decided to apply my mascara first before the rest of my makeup.

Will I buy it again? I’m honestly not sure. Though I like the way the formula adheres to my lashes from root to tip, I don’t like battling with my makeup. So, unless I become better skilled in application, I would probably head back to my Maybelline (which I love ? love!!!)

*I haven't given up yet :) I'll still try and master this applicator.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Leave a Reply