Beauty Bulletin

Review Detail

4.9 3 0.5
Ideally flawless choice for a your skin
Overall rating

Price

Quality

Effectiveness

The CC cream has been a staple in my cosmetic bag for the 2 weeks I have had this product. Having been someone who has always suffered with Foundation covering too much where I was comfortable with my natural skin, and making sections of my face (which I was trying to hide) look all the more obvious, this product was a godsend. For the past few months, I was beginning to give up on even applying foundation and concealer, because it never gave the desired effect that I always saw on Make-up Tutorials and celebrities. To go back to the thick and sometimes terribly staining foundation after using the Avon CC cream would be madness.

The first night I applied the product, a couple of hours before going out with my friends for the day, I was amazed at how easily my skin took the product. I always ensure I have moisturised my face well before putting on product and I was afraid that very reason might cancel out the effects of the cream. It didn't at all. Instructions on the CC cream only require you to apply it and blend well. Simple enough. Nothing too drastic happened at first...I couldn't even see any big difference in my reflection. Then I realised...that was the point, it didn't create a ghostly, one-dimensional mask as most foundations do...quite the opposite...it took my natural skin and ironed out kinks that always bothered me. After a few minutes, I realised my cheeks even had a bit of a glowing/dewy finish that I had always sought after and could never get right with just highlighter. It helped my blush slide on well, made my bronzer contour perfectly without having to worry about any darker pigmentation to create unwanted shadows...and it didn't feel thick at all!

Avon's CC Cream contains Oxybenzone in it as well, an organic compound that you find in sunscreens and many sun-protecting products. It offers protection of SPF50 and this makes the light application even better to wear during the day. You don't have to worry about sweating your product away either, the product allows your skin to breathe and moisturises it every step of the way.

For all the great points that the Ideal Flawless CC Cream has, there is the negative of that it doesn't have the exact same result as it does the first couple of hours you have it on for. It does fade a little, not much, but it lacks the dewiness and the smooth colour-correcting finish towards nighttime if you wear it all day.

Another small negative is that this does not help the appearance of minimising large pores, which can quickly be corrected by using a primer or filler beforehand.

For the tiny negatives I brought up, this product is amazing and to expect it to take on the job of primer, foundation, highlighter and to stay on 18hours is a little unrealistic. This product does the job and my skin feels as good as it did the day before I applied it.
K
3 reviews
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Leave a Reply